Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

----------------

On 1/20/2004 2:20:56 AM smilin wrote:

MAD Ultra 4A SE preamp to go with the Mark III's that I acquired while you were gone. I figured that combo was already tried, tested, auditioned, and given a big thumbs up by several Forum members besides Craig.

When you were gone I bought a pair of 1977 CW's, the pair of Mark III's (at Craigs) and the Scott 272 (at Craigs).

I am currently in negotiating with someone in No Cal and another person in Phoenix that both have LaScalas for sale. They are both about 6-7 hours away, but I think I'd want the ones in Phoenix if I can get a fair and reasonable price.They are almost exactly what I am looking for. LS-BR 1975 vintage with alnico drivers. The pair in No Cal are 1979 vintage which is OK, but they are in the black cabinets which I am not all that fond of. Plus the 1975's would be much better for the WAF.

I will get the black 79's if the price is right though.
2.gif"9.gif"

----------------

Piranha,

How can you say I am beating you, when as soon as i turn my back you go hog wild like this

2.gif your a madman and I gotta lovya12.gif

----------------

Hey Smilin,

Nothing could top what you did in that one week period in December. Or was it one day?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Hey Smilin,

Nothing could top what you did in that one week period in December. Or was it one day?

----------------

Yeah, that was over Thanks giving when I had my family at Universal studio's2.gif we were at the Hard Rock in Orlando and they charged 12.99 for 24 hour internet access. All day we ran around the parks, all night I was on ebay and audiogon. I was just so damn frustrated getting sniped over and over, I figured just join em, cause ya sure cant beat em

12.gif

----------------

On 1/20/2004 2:40:28 AM smilin wrote:

Hey Smilin,

----------------

Yeah, that was over Thanks giving when I had my family at Universal studio's2.gif we were at the Hard Rock in Orlando and they charged 12.99 for 24 hour internet access. All day we ran around the parks, all night I was on ebay and audiogon. I was just so damn frustrated getting sniped over and over, I figured just join em, cause ya sure cant beat em

12.gif

----------------

Talk about the ideal playground? Orlando, Universal, Hard Rock, eBay, Audiogon and Klipsch. What more could a grown man ask for?

P.S. I was at Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday with the kids. It was a nice sunny 75 degrees. 2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/20/2004 10:46:31 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2004 2:40:28 AM smilin wrote:

Hey Smilin,

----------------

Yeah, that was over Thanks giving when I had my family at Universal studio's
2.gif"
we were at the Hard Rock in Orlando and they charged 12.99 for 24 hour internet access. All day we ran around the parks, all night I was on ebay and audiogon. I was just so damn frustrated getting sniped over and over, I figured just join em, cause ya sure cant beat em

12.gif"

----------------

Talk about the ideal playground? Orlando, Universal, Hard Rock, eBay, Audiogon and Klipsch. What more could a grown man ask for?

P.S. I was at Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday with the kids. It was a nice sunny 75 degrees.
2.gif

----------------

It's 30 degrees out, were cruising in a discovery, the back is filled with cornwall's, quicksilvers, scotts, B&K, LP's, CD's, Rega, Tjoeb, Denon, Elite, Chorus, Heresy, Tivo, DVD's, Where going deaf from the high db's and along comes Mr. SVS B4-PLUS with his partner Crown k2, The walls are shaking, the brains are flaking, were ready to Rock That Smilin house down11.gif

Man it just got HOTTER in CHITOWN6.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 11:08:04 AM Guy Landau wrote:

If you guys didn't quote each other that much, this whole thread could have been 5 pages shorter.
9.gif
----------------

Yeah, but I'm addicted3.gif

Yeah, the quoting thing has become really abused in 2 Channel lately in my view. IT actually makes the posts and threads harder to read and find the actual "new" material. Usually with a simple few word reference, you can point to the subject. It actually makes your new comments STAND OUT. The new trend is to have pages of threads with HUGE posts quoted over and over. It's like a wall of quotes which take up realestate with no new material. There is nothing like quoting a 80 line post with the new text: "I heard that!" below. Just a few months back, the quote option was rarely used. Now it's common as rain. It's an option easily abused.

kh

----------------

On 1/24/2004 11:36:34 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Yeah, the quoting thing has become really abused in 2 Channel lately in my view. IT actually makes the posts and threads harder to read and find the actual "new" material. Usually with a simple few word reference, you can point to the subject. It actually makes your new comments STAND OUT. The new trend is to have pages of threads with HUGE posts quoted over and over. It's like a wall of quotes which take up realestate with no new material. There is nothing like quoting a 80 line post with the new text: "I heard that!" below. Just a few months back, the quote option was rarely used. Now it's common as rain. It's an option easily abused.

kh

----------------

I hear that!

The quote function really comes in handy when someone goes back and changes his posts all the time, causing the response posts to be confusing. When you quote somebody's original post, before it has been tampered with, then everything makes more sense and is above-board.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 11:36:34 AM mobile homeless wrote:

kh

----------------

Yeah, and it's you guys who are attacking people and piising off the webmaster so WE innocent Klipch lovers acnt's post. Get a life, if you cannot enjoy the forum, STAY OFF. And get out of my face!!!!

Who the hell do you think you are anyway, Kelly? Do you have an oustide life?

I will not take these personnal attacks from you or anyone else!

Smilin and laughung and you

12.gif

You are calling that a personal attack??? No, it was a comment about quoting. Your post, on the other hand, was a personal attack. You apparently cant see the difference here. My comment was on using the QUOTE feature, not a direct attack.

Nice comments considering I wasted about 45 minutes trying to locate a preamp for an ungrateful newbie. Get a grip.

In addition, Parrot trolls more here than anyone I know.

kh

ps- You have the gall to call me a computer nerd? Jesus. You have no idea. Stick to the smiley face icon.