Rosewood Khorns For Sale

greg928gts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/21/2004 12:05:00 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I was so disappointed a few months ago when I just couldn't scrape enough cash together to buy those Horus'.

Greg

----------------

Who says there's no such thing as second chances! Don't skimp on the parts list, esp. those Black Gates. Jeff knows what he's doing :)

• 2 weeks later...

VERY Nice work Greg!

I promise you those khorns will remain free of the typical Klipsch plant watermark stain!

I'm pretty anxious to get those! Changing the location of the stairs leading to the living in order to locate those properly will be the fun part. Lots of work but whorty.

You are coming with your skillsaw right?

Those Altecs are quite the speaker. I loaded up my Valencias again last night, put on some old Traffic, then some Miles Davis, and wondered why I am not using them regularly. I used my stock ST-70 and PS Audio IV pre. I think the Quartets are going up on the block because I am UPSIZING! Staging, depth, imaging, the Altecs did it all. Who cares about footprint when you get music in return. But I think I will stop short of veneering these old buzzards. Although I am thinking of pink grill covers. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/6/2004 3:06:11 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Those Altecs are quite the speaker. I loaded up my Valencias again last night, put on some old Traffic, then some Miles Davis, and wondered why I am not using them regularly. I used my stock ST-70 and PS Audio IV pre. I think the Quartets are going up on the block because I am UPSIZING! Staging, depth, imaging, the Altecs did it all. Who cares about footprint when you get music in return. But I think I will stop short of veneering these old buzzards. Although I am thinking of pink grill covers.
9.gif

----------------

You're right about those altecs. The imaging is amazing. Instruments are larger than life. Actually the walnut is in good shape and the slate is perfect. Too bad the grills lost their foam but I like to keep them off anyway. I was thinking of maybe a cream color fabric like those lagunas.2.gif I listen to mine every day. It's nice to switch between those and the cornwalls. Both great speakers with very different sound qualities.

Jeff,

Congratulations on that spetacular looking pair of Khorns you now own. What's taking Kelly so long? Maybe after he helps you haul them into your house, and gives them a listen on one of your amps, he'll get Khorn fever.

Greg,

Your work on those Khorns is fantastic! Sound like you're going to be SET heaven soon with an amp from "MR. JEFF".

You're both going to be smiling for many years to come.

Klipsch out.

These are the best Khorns I've ever seen - absolutely stunning. Very well done, Greg.

And, congratulations once again Jeff. I can't wait to hear your listening impressions

of them. I might have to pay you another visit to check them out, but let's do it in

spring, ok? :)

Kudret