Can we ever own enough Klipsch

I do like my Outlaw Amp & with the NAD H/T receiver I get a wonderfully smooth rich sound. No harshness or fatiguing sound & w/tight bass. I load up both DVD & CD changers, then listen to randomly play music for hours on end. I'm not sure why SS amps are commonly called harsh & fatiguing. Guess I'm fortunate. My curiosity is pushing me to try a pair of stereo tube amps that I can use with my front/rear H/T setup. Just hope I'm not disappointed!

Gotta go do the quality time thing.

Later...Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 10-14-2001 at 02:45 PM

The mcintosh was like $2,700.00 for a 75 watt per channel amp, if you find a cheaper tube, let me know, maybe we will expierement this together!

Even a 12 watt tube would be nice to own, i really dont know any tube manufactures off hand!

Ive heard so much about tubes, ill give it a try, im not rich, rather poor, but i can find ways to get what i want! LOL!

This van sitting here doing nothing is worth $1,500.00, or so, ill bring it in the house LOL!

Regards Jim

Heh.. since we're divulging all our gear, I'll chip in.

'85 Klipsch Heresys that I modified. Replaced the woofer with a JBL 2213 (123A.. from the L100/4311s). Some people might think I'm off my rocker for it, perhaps, but I'm happy with the sound. Better bass extension and still tight.

Speakerlab Threes, Altec 1233s (big). Soon to be Klipschorns. Don't know where the big Altecs will end up, they sure won't fit in the living room w/cornerhorns. Maybe rear surrounds.. Maybe computer speakers! Smile.gif

> Have too many Klipsch..I think not! My friends and

> coworkers think that I'm half a bubble off plumb,

> because of the number of Klipsch I have, and that

> I passionately pursue buying more.

Add to that list my wife, who (at least once in every Klipsch conversation) asks me, "well, why don't I ever hear about Klipsch anywhere else or ever see their ads?" Maybe it's time for Klipsch ads in Ladies Home Journal and Vogue!

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

I didn't replace the wire in there, although that's an idea. Maybe eventually, working on the Altecs at the moment. I'd kinda like to build a new crossover for them from nicer parts, too. Got too many projects going at once, so that'll have to wait. Wink.gif The Heresys look pretty nice with the JBLs in there. Oiled birch with that black baffle and a white cone peeking out. Pretty sweet. Smile.gif

Ross,

It makes me feel good to be among such exceptional company and to know that there are others who are passionate about Klipsch ownership as well. I feel privileged to be a member of this board and blessed to be an owner of such wonderful speakers. Well my sweetheart is on her way over to spend the remainder of this Sweetest Day weekend. She's ok with the audio and music side of this hobby. But she gets highly upset if I even think about turning on the computer! Gave her my word, she would have my undivided attention! The things we do for love or for peace? I hope that last comment will self destruct.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Jim C, I think you have more input on this board than the moderators! Think you should apply for a job at Klipsch and move to Hope or Indianapolis ...

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

To answer the question

Can we ever own enough Klipsch

YES we can...for now

Soon when the RF-7' and RC-7 arrive,my HT room will be full. Smile.gif I will stop spending for some time.I would like to see a RF-10(horn loaded tweeter,horn loaded midrange and twin 10" mid-bass with two 15" active woofers(RSW15 built in each speaker!)then I could free more space.

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

they should make little Quintets in a wide variety of primary pastel colors and the big horns too -

I think that the new "Jubilee" should have mid and high range horns 50% bigger than the ones in the Khorn, with or without the cabinet and priced at $7,500 with a choice of 5 primary colors (with Mondial powered subs)

The RF 15 horns should follow the same pattern - twice as large as the Khorns and retail for $10K

The RF 20 horns and subs should be 50% larger and retail for $15k

But the kicker, the one that Stereophile will have to love, would be a pair with horns 3 times as large as the Khorns, with powered subs three times as powerful, in a choice of colors, at the low end of the "true" audiophile scale, a mere $20K!

in other words, I think Klipsch should have offerings higher up the price scale and yes, the colorful Quintets should be seen in housings ads and TV shows -

if they create the the proposed models that I am talking about, then Klipsch will have the additional net income for increased ad placements of the Quintets -

and I will scoop up the discarded Khorns as the price sinks with the introduction of new, high end models! (yeah, that's the ticket!)

cwm1.gif

------------------

HORNS & subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 10-21-2001 at 02:27 PM

Top of the line should be around 110 db/W with frequency response from at least 16 Hz to 20,000 Hz, maybe 25k.. With an uncompromised basshorn. And 1000W power handling. And it should sound better than any speaker in existence. Har har har. :P

So, it'd have to be delivered to you on two semis, and you'd have to build something the size of another house off of the listening room to contain the bass horns.. No big deal! :D

• 1 month later...

Can we ever own enough Klipsch, was the topic, and the answer is NO!

Well, i have to make the living room a bedroom, and take the back room for a living room, bedroom for me and the wife, SO, im hopeing i have enough room for my cornwalls, all 4 of them!

If not, ill have to get the heresys for rear channel!

And store the cornwalls!

I dont think i can hang 108 Lbs on the wall in here!

Wouldnt know how anyway!

But the time is getting close for the newer arrival, thatll be 3 kids by Febuary of next year or sooner, so ill be making the house mods untill that piont, wish me luck!

Regards Jim

Well, Two weeks ago I bought La Scala's. Now I want to change all of my home theater set up to Heritage.I want a single Belle for the center and two more Scala's for the rears. Then I'll be statisfied.....

I wonder how Khorns would sound?

------------------

Home Theater:

Technics SA-1040DX

Klipsch SF1 Fronts

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch SF1 Rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Audio:

Vintage Technics SA 404 Receiver

Klipsch 1976 La Scala's

Klipsch KG 3.5's

KSW 12 Sub

Jim:

I Started in March of this year with a pair of Heresy's

bought Cornwalls in June, and now K-Horns in Nov.

What is left?

I am now working on amplification upgrades, tubes, and then I will start working on a better CD player, DVD-A or SACD...., it never stops!

Mike

I won't even go into the hardware upgrades I have purchased in the last 6 months but as far as Klipsch speakers go, I have bought Chorus I's, Chorus II's and a pair of '76 Heresy's, all in the past 10 weeks. And if I find a good deal on the larger Heritage (Cornwalls, Belles, La Scala's or KHorns) speakers, you can bet I will be adding those to my collection as well... Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems