So you like McIntosh, eh?

Tom Adams

I have a McIntosh MPI-4 that I'm thinking of selling--its been completely serviced in the last year and half and has very little time on it since.(now stored)I also have the original user manual. I am the original owner and I'm thinking in the 1500 USD. area. I'm in Canada and the closest American city is Buffalo/Niagara Falls, N.Y. I would not want to ship this unit but for my travelling costs I would be willing to deliver it within 250 miles. E-mail:

mfnrjp@mergetel.com

I will provide a contact Ph.# for those interested. I'm currently trying to get some pix of it from various angles and then will e-mail to interested parties.........

Rick.

P.S. If this is an inappropiate place to post this I apologize in advance, but at least here I know people will appreciate this gear and know what it is!!

----------------

Not sure what those tall thin speakers are in the last photo. But I'm pretty sure that above those big oil lamps on the wall are some Bose cubes.

----------------

Sure Looks that way. I wonder if anyone ever told him that the TV should go BETWEEN the two front speakers?

Hey, not only do I know that guy (i'm in Atlanta). but he's the one that got me hooked on Mac equipment, so now I'm poor and homeless but have a really killer system....with Klispch speakers, of course. The tall thin speakers are Mac XRT26's....the pair of XRT24's is in the back of the room.

By the way, he also has 3 Super-Duty cars, for those of you who also adore hi-po cars.......

Well ! The tall Mcintosh speakers are the XRT26 !

There are twenty six tweeters in each column. There are two main cabnets (trashcans)that hold two 12" woffers and 1 8" mid range ,the tweeters column connect here.

The small cube speakers (on each post) are Bose they were disconnetced 12 years ago......then I purchased real speakers. This is 25 years of Mcintosh happiness it all started in 1967 at Radio shack with a mono tube amp... There is a 32 kw generator in case or power outage

The power of the internet!!! 1.gif

A single posting brings a guy to the Klipsch forum that otherwise might not come here.

jdsd455 - I hope my Bose cube comment didn't offend you. I was just funnin'. You have a most wonderful setup. I've always wanted some Mac equipment and suprisingly, the wife recently has been commenting about it too. Who knows - one day....one day.

BTW - I live in Savannah. Are you near Lake Lanier?

Tom

JDSD--

could you, as much of a bother as it is explain what you all have there? Its absolutely spectacular, but i was wondering if its a bit excessive? (I honestly don't know what you all have there, and so I'm curious)

I'm really curious about this--I love the way Mac stuff sounds, so warm. its very inviting. I would say that you should check out KHORNS because, they really are quite nice--and would sound amazing with your gear.

Thanks for shareing and welcome to a very cool forum!

• 4 weeks later...

You really should consider a pair of Klipsch horn speakers...your McIntosh gear will thank you for it! My MC250, MC2100, and MC7200 loved my Cornwalls (and my SS Macs were by far the best sounding transistor amps to ever drive my horns)! A super good combo.2.gif

P11504712.jpg

post-11084-13819251536236_thumb.jpg