OT - My mother

skonopa

Just learned my mother has to go in for open-heart surgery. I just talked to her tonight - which is the last time I'll get to speak with her until after the surgery.

I have faith that she will come out of this okay, but still pretty scary. All I can do is sit here and hope and pray. I love my parents dearly and the thought of losing them this soon is scary.

Skiing and audio just seems so unimportant right now to me. My Klipsch are sitting silent - just not in the mood to put anything on. 8.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Steve,

My prayers are with you and your mother tonight, hoping for a successful operation and a speedy recovery. All the best to you and your family.

Smilin and praying

----------------

On 1/21/2004 10:07:14 PM TheEAR wrote:

Well all I can say right now is good luck and all the best to her.And a speedy recovery.

----------------

Thanks all for your concerns and prayers. Sometimes we have our differences in opinions, but over all, I am glad to be part of this forum. I posted not to look for sympahty or such, just knew I had friends here I can count to voice problems/concerns to (even though this is an audio forum, but some things in life, such as family, makes audio seem so unimportant and superflous sometimes).

Again, thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you all posted on how things turns out.

Be calm. Modern medicine is a lot more advanced than even 10 years ago. Someone must have taken a very good look at the situation and decided this operation will solve a bigger risk than it creates.

She'd probably be doing the same hand wringing if her little boy had a problem. Right? And you'd tell her, "Don't worry Mom, I'm gonna be back on patrol in no time."

Gil

Steve, I fully agree with William on this. Modern medicine has come a long way. It's incredible what they can do with a heart these days. I think the worst thing you have to worrie about is her coming out of the anistesia (sp?), it's not plesent if you know what I mean. My stomach swoar there were evil things in it that needed to be purged even when there wasn't. 2.gif

With all seriousness, steve, you and your family are in my prayers! Good luck buddie! 4.gif

Steve

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I know a few doctors and I can assure you like othere have here, that heart surgery has come a long way in just the past few years resulting in less physical stress and really fast recovery times.

I'm sure your Mom will be fine.

Take care Steve,

JM

Steve, expect some significant personality changes for a little while from her. Whether we realize it or not, it is one of the largest shocks to a person they have ever experienced, and it involves the totality of their life.

Going through this experience and coming back moves you as close to God as you will ever be until you are called. She will be looking at you and the rest of your family to help get her settled again from her trip. Be patient, loving, and supportive - and all of you will be blessed.

I just got done talking with my father. My mother came out of surgery and it was a success. It ended up being a triple by-pass surgery. Also, my father told me they used a brand new, cutting edge technique in which they did not need to stop the heart completely, which is said to be much safer and more reliable.

I'll be going up to Winchester on Sunday to visit her. Hopefully the weather will be managable, since they are talking about a snowstorm to hit the area on Sunday. Driving on I-81 from Massanutten in the snowstorm is not my idea of fun.

Again, thank you for all your prayers and thoughts - they really do mean a lot to me.

That is very good news. Gee, I was worried that there would be some complication and you'd be coming back at us with the bad news.

Now you have to give us updates. Please do be careful on the road. It would be very bad if you have a crack up in the circumstances of getting to visit. There could be some "get there" compulsion.

Best,

Gil.