Why do normal people shy away from decent audio?

Audio Flynn

From what I'm reading, this is definietly NOT the place to discuss the audio preferences of "normal" people. Asking a klipschster why normal folk eschew fine audio gear is like asking a Vermont farmer why texans don't eat pork barbeque.

Klipschsters must know their place in the audioworld pecking order.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am raising two sons who will not be "normal". My six-year-old told me the other day that we need to get more speakers (I told him that I like the way he thinks). My three-year-old thinks that the Heresys are his. Neither kid will watch a DVD unless it is in surround audio. My wife is frustrated with all of us.

----------------

On 2/4/2004 11:45:34 PM Seadog wrote:

I guess I am raising two sons who will not be "normal". My six-year-old told me the other day that we need to get more speakers (I told him that I like the way he thinks). My three-year-old thinks that the Heresys are his. Neither kid will watch a DVD unless it is in surround audio. My wife is frustrated with all of us.

----------------

Sounds like you're bringing 'em up right, Dad!

My 5-year-old is already hooked on big guitar riff rock music. His favorite song is "Smoke on the Water" - and he begs me to play it over and over again - unfortunately, it's on vinyl, so I have to limit his intake, lest I wear it out!

I don't understand what the problem with the "rock drummer" career choice is. My son is showing decided interest in drums, and I'm all for it. As a former "rock guitarist", "rock bassist", and "rock singer", I can tell you it's a lot easier to get a job when you're a good skin-basher than a good "concert pianist" 9.gif

----------------

On 2/4/2004 7:56:27 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 2/4/2004 1:02:10 AM fini wrote:

I don't think I'm normal, but I
am
regular.

----------------

fini,

Is that "regular", like from prunes?
1.gif

Klipsch out.

PS. Sorry folks, I could not resist.

----------------

Hoo hoo! Good one!

No, I meant like gasoline.

To the man or woman who owns a pair of X-1 Grand slams YOU and every one on this forum fits into the topic of this thread. the Grands are $76,000 how do your speakers compare? Enjoy life, soon it will be over. Then it wont matter if you had samsung or Krell! Rock on

For you youngsters who don't know what ethyl is: Ethyl is a former term for Hi-test gas. Named such for the added amount of tetra-ethyl lead to increase the octane to around 100. But then that was when men were men and cars had muscle!3.gif

I pumped gas in my teens at 18.9 cents a gallon,ethyl was 22.9C/gal.(cir. 1964)

Rick

• 1 month later...