Darn. I was outbid on the 74 LaScala's!

Piranha

OK guys, I am really bummed out right now. I got outbid by $25 on these beautiful 1974 LaScala's. I REALLY wanted them. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be? Perhaps I will luck into a nicer pair of mid 70's closer to home (So Cal) somewhere down the road? I hope so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3075077369&category=14991&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1

In any event, I would like to take a moment to express my sincere thanks to Tom Mobley. First off, Tom is a great guy. He is very pleasant to speak with, and was more than happy to go out of his way to help a fellow Forum member, me.

Tom gave me several hours of his valuable time this past Wednesday. I called Tom at 2:30PM and asked if he could go look at the speakers for me in Scottsdale before I bid on them. He immediately replied, "sure, no problem". We hung up and Tom called me from the sellers place within 45 minutes. Wow! He then went on to describe the speakers to me in vivid detail. It was as if I was standing there looking at them myself. I felt very comfortable bidding on them after receiving his rather pleasing assessment. I completey trust Tom's judgement and honesty. It's pretty easy to do so after viewing his postings for the past several months and speaking with him. He really puts you at ease. I have also had the pleasure to correspond with him via email on several occasions.

Tom even volunteered to drive back up to Scottsdale for me if I won. He said he would pick up and store the Scalas for me until I could drive out from CA to get them. How much more accomodating can you get? I can't say enough good things about Tom and his eagerness to help me. My sadness of being outbid is compounded by the feeling that I wasted Tom's precious time.

Well, unfortunately I didn't win this auction. And for that, I am sad. Maybe I should have bid more? Just maybe anther $50 would have done it? ? Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Thanks for going that extra mile Tom. I really do appreciate your time and help!

Back to the hunt for those elusive mid 70's!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3075077369&category=14991&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1' target=_blank>

----------------

On 2/8/2004 9:01:28 PM mopar dave wrote:

i feel your pain brotha, happens to me alot too. try auctionsniper next time. first one is free. dave

----------------

What happens when two people use the same auctionsniper on the same auction at the same time, with the same bid?

----------------

On 2/8/2004 9:13:04 PM jorjen wrote:

Tom,

Real sorry to see you missed out on these, I was rootin' for ya
8.gif
. Something even better will come along down the road. Hang in there!
----------------

Thanks Jordan. I hope so. Congrats again on your new 296. Please let us know how you like it once you get it back from NOSValves.

Jeez, I must be just stinkin' wonderful. (Thanks for your kind words.)

That was an auctionsniper bid from Tom, somebody else just wanted them more. His bid was exactly $25.00 more than yours, that is the minimum bid increment for the price range so he probably had a higher proxy bid in. Hard to tell how much.

Those speaks were pretty nice, looking in the back of the upper section they literally appeared as new. Parts on the crossovers and the drivers were still shiney.

I'll call him tomorrow, see if the buyer is hinky at all. I've got a feeling there might be issues crop up around the packing fees. :)

Those were the model with the screw-down tops.

----------------

On 2/8/2004 9:29:46 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

Jeez, I must be just stinkin' wonderful. (Thanks for your kind words.)

That was an auctionsniper bid from Tom, somebody else just wanted them more. His bid was exactly $25.00 more than yours, that is the minimum bid increment for the price range so he probably had a higher proxy bid in. Hard to tell how much.

Those speaks were pretty nice, looking in the back of the upper section they literally appeared as new. Parts on the crossovers and the drivers were still shiney.

I'll call him tomorrow, see if the buyer is hinky at all. I've got a feeling there might be issues crop up around the packing fees.
:)

Those were the model with the screw-down tops.

----------------

My only consolation is that he may have paid a LOT more than he intended to. Notice how it jumped nearly three small in the final seconds. 9.gif

Piranha

"Feel the Pain." I was outbid by $1.00 on January 31,2004, for Scott 222-B Stereomaster Amp. My bid was winning bid at $92.00. Tried to pad bid at $102.00 but was rejected at the last second - Bid Closed, awarded bid to another person for $93.00 I think it was one of those "snatcher rigs."

By the way, enjoyed meeting you at Smilin's.

Hope for better days for us.

Huhuru10.gif

Piranha,

Bummer. That was indeed close. The winning bidder was probably using the same or another sniper service. Would another $50 have done it? Perhaps, but it's not possible to know what the winner actually bid, since it came through as the minimum necessary to snag. I think that is the first auction to bid out like that with two in the last four seconds.

Fish head was playing games all along. He claims he bids on all this audio stuff. He talks all kinds of sh.t as if he does this and he does that. He always wants to one up the next guy. Pathetic.

I do not for one minute believe a word of it. Between you and I, he doesn't even own a pair of Klipsch speakers. yada, yada, yada pinnochio! Keep up the smack talk. You are indeed a dreamer.

----------------

On 2/8/2004 10:49:58 PM FLKlipscher wrote:

Fish head was playing games all along. He claims he bids on all this audio stuff. He talks all kinds of sh.t as if he does this and he does that. He always wants to one up the next guy. Pathetic.

I do not for one minute believe a word of it. Between you and I, he doesn't even own a pair of Klipsch speakers. yada, yada, yada pinnochio! Keep up the smack talk. You are indeed a dreamer.

----------------

Piranha, lets bite the head off this little troll prick, cause

hes such a wiener, ya know!!!

BTW I'm happy you lost the bid, you don't have to piss the wife off with the weekend excursion driving to phoenix2.gif

I'm sure by just waiting a bit longer, you will get a MUCH better deal..

alotaklipsh11.gif