Ever listen to stuff you wouldn't tell your friends about?

jtice

----------------

On 2/14/2004 12:02:52 PM Woodog wrote:

Interesting. I'm gay and I can't stand that movie. Maybe there's a correlation here.

woo

----------------

The correlation would be that there is the stereotype that gay men like musicals. At least it's a stereotype I've heard over and over. BTW, I hope you didn't take offence to my comment. Not to mention, I was clealy trying to stress that you don't have to be a women or gay to like Musicals.2.gif

m00

Guest Anonymous

Chipmunks, Archies, Donna Summers, Gary Puckett and The Union Gap, Tommy James and the Sondells, Nancy Sinatra, Carole king, Celine Dion, Funkadelics, Parliment, O jays,

and should I be ashamed of myself?2.gif I think not6.gif cause the list goes on....and on....and on12.gif

----------------

On 2/14/2004 12:06:20 PM Woodog wrote:

..."BTW, how does that SET work with your organ music?"

woo

----------------

I wouldn't know...I haven't mentioned it yet but my 300B SET finally arrived a few days ago, and it didn't power up at all! Deader than a doornail! After double checking all my connections and making sure all the tubes were seated properly in their sockets, and even checking the fuse, it would not fire up, with no tube glow whatsoever! After several e-mail exchanges with Edmund, he assumes either it may have been damaged during shipment, there's component failure, or it might simply be a 220V version instead of 110V (it's rear panel had 220V silkscreened on it, but there was a small paper tag hanging from the fuse holder stating it was a converted 110V version for the US). Nonetheless, it wasn't operational, and since he honors a 90 day warranty, it was sent back via UPSP Air back to Hong Kong, and Edmund will send me a new replacement 300B power amp in exchange for the defective one.

When I was in Junior high I listened to whatever we had at home. I was listening to "The Sound of Music" one day and a friend of my sister came over and brought her little cousin, which was in my class at school. She walked into my room and there I was listening to "The Sound of Music" and well you guessed it. I was known as "Sound of Music" for quite sometime at school. Everytime I got near her and her friends they would start yelling, "Hey sound of music". Very embarrassing for a 12 year old. I've loved music ever since I can remember and if it's good in my mind I'll listen to it.

Grateful

Ah, the guilty pleasures thread.

For me it's Tom Waits. Not so much a guilty pleasure, but my friends that are into music can't stand him.

When I first played him at home my wife even said "what the heck is this?" By the third song she was almost in tears over the line, "who puts flowers on a flowers grave?" Sounds corny but they way he sings it kinda hits you right at home.

evanescensce. That chick sings deep from here soul in a tool like way. I wouldn't really tell anyone about them so why am i telling you guys. This doesn't make sense. No remorse no repent we dont care what it meant. Just give me some Metallica damage inc. ****it all ****it know regrets. Actually a band i just found out about they are not currently together part of blind melon and pearl jam's old drummer i think. Which is unified theory. They are hard to admit to because of his voice or something, but it is good music. Theirs so many i could go on and on but their really not guilty pleasures actually my friends know i don't give a **** what they think off when it comes to my music. I will never let that rule my life anymore trying to impress people. Cool is only one letter away from fool. Nobody's fool by cinderella just came on the radio and it's sounding pretty good. Now that is ironic which is another good song.

ok here goes, my best known test cd is j lo's on the six album, when i first got back into music the first cd i bought was on the six, and i have heard it so much that i know where every note goes, and just the pitch it chould be, but you wont catch me playing anything country, everything but country12.gif