Am I nuts, or is this an Almond extract?

greg928gts

So, I thought I would test Jeff's Khorns one more time before wrapping them up. When I turned the music on, I heard a rattling coming from one of the bass bins. It sounded like it was coming from deep within the bass bin. I've heard this kind of mechanical rattling from drivers before, and naturally thought the worst, damaged driver.

These Khorns have the K-33 driver mounted to a piece of wood that is clamped onto the motorboard. While the music was playing, I undid the clamps and pulled the driver and the wood piece out of the bass bin and confirmed that the noise was coming from the driver itself. So I shut everything down and unscrewed the woofer from the wood and there it was . . . .

See photo.

An almond had found it's way down into the bass bin and lodged between the cone of the woofer and the wood. It actually stuck there. I can hear the almond inside the shell rattling when I shake it.

Greg

post-11090-13819253141852_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/29/2004 2:07:24 AM DeanG wrote:

I wish I hadn't of opened this thread. Now I won't be able to get to sleep while trying to figure out how that thing made it in there.

Blind squirrels?

----------------

Jim: "Your nuts, Dean!"

Dean: "What about 'em?"

14.gif

Hmm, I think he would get a bigger bid by mounting the almond on a yellow MDF circle that is inscribed in Old English to say "No Bull****!"...

In fact, he ought to check the serial numbers of that speaker, that could be one of HDBRbuilder's nuts! And for a cut of the action, Andy might add a certificate of authenticity. =HornEd