Where have all the stereos gone?

Parrot

Where have they gone? Most are sitting in my garage and attic. Much to the dismay of my wife....

I don't blame her. You've got Parrot, leok, ben, et al, in your attic. Must be pretty awful...[:P]

I miss them all. mobile homeless (Kelly) was, in fact, a gentleman. All had a good side one way or the other.

As to stereo, it isn't stereo, but a diminished national attention span that simply cannot sit still for Pink Floyd, much less Beethoven. My oldest friends with whom I once sat with all of us mesmerized by almost any wonderful recording now can't listen for 5 minutes. I don't understand it, but, as the Firesign said: "It's a little like having bees live in your head. But, there they are!"

Dave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have they gone? Most are sitting in my garage and attic. Much to the dismay of my wife....

I don't blame her. You've got Parrot, leok, ben, et al, in your attic. Must be pretty awful...Stick out tongue

I miss them all. mobile homeless (Kelly) was, in fact, a gentleman. All had a good side one way or the other.

As to stereo, it isn't stereo, but a diminished national attention span that simply cannot sit still for Pink Floyd, much less Beethoven. My oldest friends with whom I once sat with all of us mesmerized by almost any wonderful recording now can't listen for 5 minutes. I don't understand it, but, as the Firesign said: "It's a little like having bees live in your head. But, there they are!"

Dave

In the "fall" the attic isn't too bad. It's a stand up attic with, no crawling around, much like the ones you see in old movies; all kinds of tales to tell....

Wow, yea........that pretty much says it. You win.

I don't blame her. You've got Parrot, leok, ben, et al, in your attic. Must be pretty awful...Stick out tongue

Dave

In the "fall" the attic isn't too bad. It's a stand up attic with, no crawling around, much like the ones you see in old movies; all kinds of tales to tell....

Funny I have a (top of the line) icon surround sound sytem in my bed room and my dad has surround sound in his kitchen also he two JBL L200 STUDIO MASTER SPEKERS to me the decline hasn't affected my family and we have three 2.1 promedia comeputer systems in my house. the living has surround sound system and the rest of the house is set up for surround sound we have 1,000 feet of speakers cable my mom/dad's master is set up,and the game room is also set up for surround sound

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I was watching Lie To Me (one of my favourite shows) and Dr Lightman (Tim Roth) came home in the afternoon to find a record spinning with the needle in the end groove, because his daughter had skipped off school and was upstairs with her boyfriend.

He lifted the tonearm and put it on its rest, then called his daughter to the living room and asked to see the owner of the boy's shirt he'd found.

Getting to the point, the turntable was a McIntosh MT-10. It was easy to recognize, with its very thick translucent platter glowing green.

You can see a picture here: http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/mcintosh-mt10-turntable.asp

Hopefully we'll see more high-end audio on TV shows in the future, but that may have been the last episode of Lie To Me, unfortunately.

Last week I was watching Lie To Me (one of my favourite shows) and Dr Lightman (Tim Roth) came home in the afternoon to find a record spinning with the needle in the end groove, because his daughter had skipped off school and was upstairs with her boyfriend.

He lifted the tonearm and put it on its rest, then called his daughter to the living room and asked to see the owner of the boy's shirt he'd found.

Getting to the point, the turntable was a McIntosh MT-10. It was easy to recognize, with its very thick translucent platter glowing green.

You can see a picture here: http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/mcintosh-mt10-turntable.asp

Hopefully we'll see more high-end audio on TV shows in the future, but that may have been the last episode of Lie To Me, unfortunately.

The MT-10 is a really nice looking turntable....

• Moderators

What?! Do you have any equity left in your house? Wink

Have never financed anything audio, it takes longer to get but when it gets here it's paid for.

Besides if I tried that I would have to stand to listen...[^o)].........because my wifes foot would be up my........

What?! Do you have any equity left in your house? Wink

Have never financed anything audio, it takes longer to get but when it gets here it's paid for.

Besides if I tried that I would have to stand to listen...Hmm.........because my wifes foot would be up my........

You are quite wise! ...and a wifes foot can make you even wiser!