Signature ruined, help

mark1101

OK,

I had a birthday last week, and went in and bumped my age. Now the signature is wrecked.

Is it possible to get back the small font with colors, separated columns, etc. I forgot how I did that.

How do you get the small fonts back, colors, and separated columns?

Yep, me too. Went to make a change and since Klipsch does not allow HTML in that field anymore it messed my nice small signature all up. I give up. I put my system in the "System Profile" are but geez you have to dig through a couple of fields just to view the thing. Sucks doesn't it. I feel more sorry for Craig he had a beautiful logo along with his system and it was removed altogether.

----------------

On 3/9/2004 11:21:50 AM Andy W wrote:

Thank goodness. It's about time. I hate scrolling through page long signatures!

----------------

Yeah, nothing like punishing the entire forum when there was a problem with only a few users. Sounds reasonable to me. I was going to change my profile today seeing how it is my birthday (PWK and I share the same birthday 10.gif), but decided not to since it would screw up my sig.

Andy, I agree some of the signatures again are just TOO BIG. I care about the content of the post, nice to know a little about the posters system background but when the signature is spread and spaced out over 3/4 of the screen (21" monitor running 1280x1024) and the post is just a line or two, well it is does take more time to navigate through to read the other posts.

Those that edited their signatures lost all formatting just as stated. It was a bit amusing as every loon jumped in to "see" and edit thus losing it all. IT was like a domino effect of bad decisions without much notice. I think that thread spread three pages of accidents. The result is that some annoyingly long sig did get zapped. Sadly, some small font, nice and compact ones did as well. I dont see any reason to put every single system or piece of gear one owns for all to see, however. It's a waste of bandwidth in my view. IF I did that, the sig would be down to the floor! Who cares what reel to reel and tape decks I own, or what I have in my office system? I do think it helpful to show your main or reference system, just so people can get a handle on your comparison base and reference.

Anyone here can work up a nice equipment list and post it in the System section or put on their own server in HTML, an easy task and something anyone can accomplish. Amost EVERY person has web space with their provider, free to use and link to.

I sort of pushed the 1pt text sigs in here and did quite a few for people, including ole Craig's with his logo. I warned a few not to edit and some caught it in time.

There are still some beastly sigs going on however. And in the old forum software, you could check a box to NOT INCLUDE your sig, a GREAT THING if you posted more than once. One post with your sigs, the rest without so it does not get repeated 10 times. And it's too bad they dont allow the 1pt text formatting. They could actually configure it so it does this for you but who has time to mess with this. There is another trick to get around it but I dont know if I feel like seeing the reults! heh...

kh

----------------

On 3/9/2004 4:40:42 PM mobile homeless wrote:

It was a bit amusing as every loon jumped in to "see" and edit thus losing it all. IT was like a domino effect of bad decisions without much notice. I think that thread spread three pages of accidents.kh

----------------

Like walking into a room saying, "what stinks" and watching everyone suddenly inhale.3.gif

My signature isn't right, but I'm not touching it until there are major changes, otherwise I'd be changing it monthly.

Guess I could say it's been majorly changed, since I took the Lexicon out and put the Anthem back in, kinda. The Anthem's in the rack, but nothing is hooked up, and hasn't been for over a week now. Waiting to find the amp I've been looking for.

Well, I guess I must've pissed off alot of you with my long sig (and still do, I see). But frankly, I could care less how long the sigs were...I enjoyed reading them, and it didn't bother me that I had to scroll down a page or two to get to the next post...get over it!11.gif

My system's changing, but I don't dare add the new tube equipment and lose my beautifully long, multicolored sig. I wish the BB would implement HTML back into our sigs, but I guess those days are over for good!7.gif

Why not put the gear in system profile? Someone complained about 2 extra clicks.....BFD unless he was on a dial-up connection. Everyone want's something NOW,,,,,,,,,and I guess it's a real PITA to wait a few seconds to click your probably wireless/cordless mouse. Just like the idiots who cut in front while WAITING at a red light just to get 2 cars ahead. For what? To get to the next red light in front of you? Ease up peeps, if you are stessed over this, you have problems.

----------------

On 3/9/2004 4:40:42 PM mobile homeless wrote:

"... or put on their own server in HTML, an easy task and something anyone can accomplish. Amost EVERY person has web space with their provider, free to use and link to. "

----------------

Yeah, that's me but I HAVEN'T A CLUE (even with a map and a flashlight), how to put stuff up on my 10MB of Comcast space. I spent an afternoon trying once and concluded that I was:

(1) a moron

(2) the documentation was awful

(3) from NJ .... (uh, actually TRUE, skip this point ...)

You can do this stuff in your sleep. I need training wheels.

Sorry for the rant.......jt1, I really don't know, but can't see a negative with links if not. Some members have a link to the profile on (better not say) another site which is quite comprehensive. Sorry, I just had a bad day with needles with electricity poked all over me.

Cheers All.