RF7s in the House

cjgeraci

Point well taken.

Actually, its just background video-fodder while I'm on my laptop. System is not going to waste, however. "Hardball" may be playing on the TV, but Steeley Dan, "Two Against Nature" is playing on DVD-Audio. Thanks for the congrats.

P.S. The upgrade from three/35 series to seven series is substantial as I knew it would be. Woo hoo!!!!

----------------

On 4/3/2004 12:40:24 AM cjgeraci wrote:

P.S. The upgrade from three/35 series to seven series is substantial as I knew it would be. Woo hoo!!!!

----------------

OH Yeah.. Totally different league!

----------------

On 4/3/2004 12:43:10 AM wheelman wrote:

Awesome! Man i bet you can really rock with those subs to.

----------------

Thanks. I am partial to my SVS.

Stacking them was the best thing I did. They really work well as one large unit.

"If you were to have only one of them which one would you pick? The tube or box."

I love them both - but if I had to answer your question: my box. Simply by virtue of the number of drivers (2 vs. 1). The PB2-ISD and PB2+ use twin 12 inch drivers inside a large-volumed box. Either one is a monster and sufficient for most applications.

Oh, and let's not even get started about the PB2-Ultra!! Two of the ultimate SVS drivers in the same size box. OK, I am now salivating.

Man, sometimes the convenience of ordering online directly from the manufacturer is just too convenient. Must go hide my bankcard....

and forget where I placed it for the weekend.

----------------

On 4/3/2004 1:20:22 AM prodj101 wrote:

you should switch the component rack's position with the right RF-7 so they're equal distance from the TV. you'll get a more seamless sound stage for movies this way.

----------------

That's not a bad idea. Usually, I listen to movies so loud that a seamless sound stage is not an issue. However, it would improve it, no doubt. Cable length, etc. is not an issue.

Aargh, more work... However, must finish taxes first before wife looks for a weapon.

nice setup!

will the center channel fit on the top shelf vs. the bottom?

i have my center ch. on the bottom shelf of my tv stand,but i'm moving that tv and stand to another room, and will have my center on a very short stand or the floor soon. it and the rest of my gear is on a 'stage' though,so it is about 3" off the floor.the bottom of my 106" screen comes down to the top of the speaker.

avman.

----------------

On 4/3/2004 2:00:49 PM avman wrote:

nice setup!

will the center channel fit on the top shelf vs. the bottom?

----------------

Thanks, Avman. The RC-7 would barely fit on the second shelf but it would fit. I am half tempted to put it there just to see. However, my one concern is that the middle shelf is tempered glass versus the sturdy, solid bottom shell (to support that 42 pounds and vibration on the glass?) I may still try it. What you cannot tell from the picture is that the RC-7 is pretty well tilted wpwards so the coverage and firing angle really has not been a real issue thus far.

Yes good setup,however as was said before.Move that center RC7 up.This low you are puting a big break on the RC7's performance. The ideal position would be on a center speaker dedicated stand angled at the listener.

Aerial Avoustics has some awesome center speaker stands,I am getting two one for my RC7 and the other for the Paradigm Signature C5.Oh heah let the center shine

Grats on your speakers 9.gif

As the RC7 I've seen other ways work better(but how come they don't have delicated center speaker stands for such a long time......you can't place below the projector screen with nothing)

I place my RC3II a little lower than my ear(1feet) and I felt it's lack of something when I get too close to them(I sit in front of the table). As I move back it sounds better. I guess you have to pace the center up with the ears.

Some folks place them on TVs or use TV ceiling stands...

They posted the pics earlier..... I couldn't find the ceiling one, but here's 2 for placing top of TVs

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Full-1.jpg

http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/506/50506Front_closer_.JPG

Yes, yes, yes. You are all correct (as usual). Thanks for the suggestions. Now, the quest begins to place that RC-7 in an optimal position to get the most out of it.

I'm leaning towards either suggestions from theEAR or Fish. A dedicated center speaker stand would not be a bad idea, and Fish is right: I could build an extended stand underneath the TV.

CC: Thanks for the suggestions re: top of the TV. Did that for the longest time and will not be doing that again. At one point, I had a setup with a KLF-C7 on top of a TV (only about 4 pounds lighter than the RC7) and I spent most of the time worrying about the integrity of my TV ....

Thanks to all - Carl.