picking up the rsw15...need comfort...

Sanman023

ive been looking at subs for the past couple of weeks...and it came down to the svs pb2+ and the rsw15...but i think i am going to pick up the rsw15 today...thanks you all for the suggestions and help....im feeling like i may be missing out on a better sub in the pb2+...theres no way to tell cause i dont know what it sounds like...any rsw15 owners out there that are really happy with their sub....

-----------------

picking up the rsw15...need comfort...

-----------------

I would need more than comfort, I'd cover my back in icy hot, and then go sit in my hot tub all night, that thing is heavey!!!2.gif

JK. Its a great sub. You'll enjoy it.

Well some people have a few..subwoofers.i have ...the MOST 9.gif

And I happen to have all three RSW's,yes all three.I also have subwoofers from Aerial,Revel,Velodyne,Sunfire,PolkAudio,Reel.

RSW subs are great products,the RSW15 is one great subwoofer and look at Tom Nousaine's list,its not hard to see where the RSW15 stands. 1.gif

----------------

On 4/5/2004 7:39:09 PM 007 wrote:

I got the PB2+, I don't like it. It's not that great for music, it's too boomy, its ugly as hell and too damn big. I wish I would have got the much more refined RWS-15

----------------

Disagree with your characterization in reference to music and "boominess." You may have the rear ports too close to a wall or another surface.

Put your PB2+ up for sale. I'm sure you will have no problem with takers and then you can progress to the more "refined" 15. 1.gif

----------------

On 4/7/2004 2:23:06 PM Juba310 wrote:

He doesn't even have the PB2+.... he's just reposting what someone else said...

----------------

No, actually, that is what I say. I have the PB2-ISD, and it is a musical sub that is not "boomy." According to SVS, both the PB2-ISD and the PB2+ sound identical up until you reach the outer limits of the PB2-ISD, then you get additional dbs in output. Juba, have you listened to any of the PB2s or the RSW-15?

I've never in my life heard an SVS sub being called boomy! Especially the PB2+.

I think you're right. There's probably lot of falsehood online.

The RSW15 is a good sub, but I really do think you're missing out on the PB2+. Lower price and more output. But I suppose if there's no way for you to demo both then you have to do what you have to do. 5.gif

okay...the rsw15 is coming in today...goodguys had to order it because i wanted the cherry....i cant wait...i need a favor from you guys....anyone at home or working from home can measure the box for the sub....i dont know if it will fit in my sedan....please let me know before 5:00pm pacific time...thanks alot....

----------------

On 4/5/2004 7:39:09 PM 007 wrote:

I got the PB2+, I don’t like it. It's not that great for music, it's too boomy, its ugly as hell and too damn big. I wish I would have got the much more refined RWS-15

how was that?

----------------

That's the first time I've ever read anything like that about SVS.