----------------

On 4/13/2004 2:56:10 PM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

On 4/13/2004 2:49:17 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 4/13/2004 1:56:36 PM Guy Landau wrote:

I made $650 on it, Craig.

If we're into this subject,

Where did the $200-300 worth of, Amperex EL34's, that were on Smilin's Scott 272, disappeared to?
2.gif""

----------------

Try the Grand Blanc Michigan dump ! $5 year old output tubes are rarely any good you know these were the original HH Scott tubes and were weak as ****. I wonder why I didn;t steal his Telefunkens also heh !!

Craig

----------------

Even so, some fool on ebay would have paid $50 ea for them!

----------------

Ain't that the truth but in a position like mine the people were talking about here would advertise them as tested and gauranteed by NOS Valves even though there worn out worthless junk. Kind of like the tubes in the 233 that is being touted as mint with no disclosure that it needs output tubes before it can be trusted for everyday use. Its all about who your dealing with.

Craig

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ClippEd,

Good thing you're not into fishing, too. You'd run short of cash in a hurry! Then you'd have to make some tough decisions next time I called with a tip on antenna poles and buckets of worms at Recycletown.

I just hope no kittens get killed...

It's nice to have a computer again. I've missed annoying everyone.

Craig's lying. He sent me those Amperex EL-34s. They're sweet. I'm using them as cable holders to keep my cable off of the carpet.

Craig does have this wierd habit of yanking the bad tubes, and leaving the good ones in.

----------------

On 4/13/2004 11:14:13 AM bclarke421 wrote:

Also, if anybody feels like making some 12AX7 generalizations, that'd be welcome as well. Attributes particularly suited to the design would be interesting, too. (ie. the first phono tube would benefit from super-low-noise tubes above any other... that sort of thing)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

----------------

Ben,

Did anyone ever give you any 12AX7 recommendations? Let me say that you want ALL your 12AX7s to be super low noise. My preferences, based on my experience;

NOS Amperex BB 7025 Made in Holland or Made in GT Britain

NOS Brimar CV 4004 Box plates(military version)Made in Gt Britain

NOS Amperex BB ECC83(long plates,17 mm, are almost extinct)Made in Holland

NOS Brimar ECC83 (non military version)Made in England

NOS Mullard CV4004 long plates Made in Gt Gritain

NOS Mullard ECC83 normal,14mm, plates Made in Gt Britain

NOS 60's Tungsol 12AX7 Made in USA

There are also many 12AX7 equivs. including 5751(US mil ver)

These are listed pretty much in my order of preference. I know they can be costly, but reward with great tonal qualities and generally longer life. If needed, email me for possible sources.

Klipsch out.

I'll add the Tungsram 12AX7/ecc83 to that list (especially for the phono section), and make a small correction that the box plate CV4004 is supposed to be a Mullard (usually very quiet, but tend to be microphonic in the first stage of the phono section) and the long plate a Brimar

like most things, good NOS 12AX7 can run up to $100 each OR MORE, before spending on those at least give try to the EH 12AX7s, for between $15 and $35 each (depending on if you want the gold pins version) you can see if they float your boat before investing big bucks on NOS...also, if you do decide to spend big money on NOS, use them only in the positions that benefit most from it, i.e. phono section. regards, tony

----------------

On 4/15/2004 10:14:43 AM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 4/15/2004 9:59:09 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I have seen CV4004 branded both Mullard and Brimar. Did both fims make these for the Brit Military? ----------------

Yes, both did.

----------------

Landau, are you an expert in all audio relatede issues? Pretty amazing for a 34 year old. Apparently from what I can tell you have a LOT of free time. Do you ever get off your computer and out of the house? Maybe that would help relieve all that anger and tension that you have built up over the years doing nothing?

----------------

----------------

I have seen CV4004 branded both Mullard and Brimar. Did both fims make these for the Brit Military? ----------------

Yes, both did.

----------------

Landau, are you an expert in all audio relatede issues? Pretty amazing for a 34 year old. Apparently from what I can tell you have a LOT of free time. Do you ever get off your computer and out of the house? Maybe that would help relieve all that anger and tension that you have built up over the years doing absolutely nothing? It has become increasingly apparent to me that you have very low self esteem and also that you lack self confidence. I see that you try and boost it by regularly lashing out at people for no reason whatsoever here on the forum. What meaningfull purpose does that serve? Please get the medical help you so desperately need.

----------------

On 4/15/2004 1:26:35 PM tubinhard wrote:

----------------

----------------

Yes, both did.

----------------

Landau, are you an expert in all audio relatede issues? Pretty amazing for a 34 year old. Apparently from what I can tell you have a LOT of free time. Do you ever get off your computer and out of the house? Maybe that would help relieve all that anger and tension that you have built up over the years doing nothing?

----------------

look who's talking ? the hotshot businessman. Don't you have some business trip to Dc area? Regards to the Mrs.

I'm not taking any sides here, but to me it seem a tad premature for a person who has been here for 30 days to pass judgment on someone who has been here over 3 years. That is assuming, of course, that the newbie hasn't changed user names and has an understanding of the vitriol that has been spewed on the BB in the past. Hopefully we can all rise above that and be civil toward one another.

Of course, as always, this is MHO and YMMV and all that jazz. 12.gif

----------------

On 4/15/2004 6:25:48 PM neo33 wrote:

"Ummmm she is a business person !"

tubinsoft is a girl?
6.gif
. No wonder!----------------

Yup she abruptly made it absolutely clear to me when I called here a Dude in another thread ! Something to the effect Dudette was mentioned.

----------------

On 4/15/2004 6:42:53 PM edster00 wrote:

I'm not taking any sides here, but to me it seem a tad premature for a person who has been here for 30 days to pass judgment on someone who has been here over 3 years. That is assuming, of course, that the newbie hasn't changed user names and has an understanding of the vitriol that has been spewed on the BB in the past. Hopefully we can all rise above that and be civil toward one another.

Of course, as always, this is MHO and YMMV and all that jazz.
12.gif
----------------

Edster,

I would have to disagree. The newbie that has not formed any relationships or predetermined aggenda's is the exact person I would respect about these matters. They have the keen ability to look at it from a few paces back and without prejudice. Plus there is a pretty extensive archive that can be read if they see fit for history sake.

Craig

"I'm not taking any sides here, but to me it seem a tad premature for a person who has been here for 30 days to pass judgment on someone who has been here over 3 years."

well, "she" seems to make quite a few uneducated posts and quickly jumping to conclusion without any considerable thought just to get people attention. Isn't this the nature of some women just to talk to talk with no substance?