Khorns Misrepresented in eBay Ad

Frzninvt

I was browsing eBay and came across these Walnut Lacquer Khorns that this guy states are from 1999. Say What? The driver complement and crossover are all wrong for 1999's unless he changed all the drivers and crossovers in them for some reason.

Here is the auction link. See for yourself. Perhaps a few more emails to him will straighten him out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61378&item=3091585918&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The Khorns he has pictured have the "AA" crossovers in them, with the K-77M's, K-55V's and K-400 horns. If they were 1999 models they would have the AK-3 crossover, K-77M, K-55M's and the K-401 horns. What is wrong with this picture. $2000 opening bid with an even higher reserve and not even the correct information.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seller was quick to reply with the mistake. Very good integrity. Here is the response I got. No further emails to them should be necessary.

They are 1980's a good year, they should have the soldered terminal K-55V's to boot making them very desirable. The finish looks great!

HI frzninvt

A mistake was made in the listing of the add.

This is Tim's wife I listed the add on the Klipschorns.

From going over what he written down for me to put in the add.

The year Built should have said 1983 not 1999.

They were purchase new in early 1983.

I don't know how this happen please accept my apologies.

I know when he gets home and reads his emails ill hear about it.

If I can IM going to go into the add and change this mistake.

The serial numbers are #16U926 and #16U925

Thank You for bringing this to my attention.

Lisa

You know, Dean, one day someone is going to post about a pair of 2003 Klipschorns for sale from Dayton, and it'll be your wife selling them while you're at work.1.gif

These ones up for auction have beveled glass tops so you can put real plants on your speakers without worry.

The email said they were bought new in 1983. The dealer must have been sitting on them.

The other day a guy on ebay listed a made in 1950 wood/glass K5 horn and a made in 1950 AA x-over. I emailed him and he replied as the most thankful person in the world because I had "saved his reputation". Most sellers on ebay don't have a clue what they have.

Rick

----------------

On 4/14/2004 5:22:54 PM cyclonecj wrote:

Did anyone happen to notice he also has a pair of Corns for sale?

I live in cincinnati and he told me the cornwall serial number is 24 U 843 which would be 1980. if i can be some help for anyone let me know. have a truck and a cap. 1000 dollars plus for cornwalls in birch is getting a little steep IMO

Rick, that seller had a good idea the midhorn was a '50, because it had a inspected sticker on it. He also knew the crossover was a Type AA, an item made in the '60s at the earliest. I initially thought he might be mistaken, but there is a Scala in one of the photos in the background, and he has already sold the Khorn bin. Some of these sellers can be pretty good at playing dumb if it might help their cause, and this is a good example. It's still a shame he parted out the speaker15.gif

Ryan,

They look very nice, have the K55v solder terminal mids and K77ms with AA networks. I wouldn't bid more than the 2k though. 7 hrs isn't bad, especially if you have a friend who likes to drive! Leave at 0 dark thirty, drive for a couple, stop for breakfast, buy K-horns, have lunch, drive home for supper. After supper............3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

Edit: gary you must know by now that we never mind you.2.gif

BTW I closed on the sale of the garage property on Monday.9.gif

That is too freakin' funny that they're here in Dayton.9.gif Too bad I drove 9 hours each way for mine. I don't think I could've waited 2 years for a pair to pop up in my backyard though.

I would be apprehensive with this seller, check his feedback.14.gif

I'd be happy to check these out for anyone wanting a full report. Doesn't look like he has good corners, but I can rattle the windows if he lets me. That's assuming he's local.2.gif