Topic for tomorrow's boardroom meeting: the Forum

sheltie dave

Monday work meetings are always fun, and with the ongoing flagrant misrepresentation that has been pulled on the forum for an extended time period, and continued bad behaviour, the collars are sure to spend some time discussing the forum. Strange as it may seem, this gathering place is one of Klipsch's higher profile marketing ploys, and not one I would recommend most of my friends visit if they are thinking of buying Klipsch speakers. At least not at this time...7.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most forums have full time moderators. Trey and Bob and are just too busy to have to deal with this as well.

The more sensible and mature among us need to step up and confront the nonsense when it shows up. We also need to train ourselves to quit responding to baits and trolls. I still think the best thing to do is simply ignore those who are unable, or unwilling to contribute in a positive way.

Trey, you have PM/Mail

Dean,

I think the ignore the baiters and trollers is a dream it just doesn't work the last year or so has proved that they just do not go away. I truly wish it was that simple. Full time and absolute moderation is the only answer. I mean it should be break the rules and your outta here. It works on every other forum on the Net ! I frequent them all but this is my home even though it causes me the most grief. I just have to many friends here. The fact is less and less of my work comes from this forum with my webpage and other forum activities. But this place started it all and I just have a loyalty that I could never shrug off easily.

Craig

I realize that some of you may feel that I am guilty of being somewhat over the top at times. I would like to apologize at this time to anyone that may have been offended by any of my posts. I will attempt to be a more conscientious and upstanding forum member from this point forward.

Well, I have to say that is a sobering thought... wondering how the forum would fare when thrown in the hopper of bottom line concerns. After all, Klipsch is in business to make money and stays in business by making money.

For whatever weight "good will" can amount to in the mix, the forum is big on that. I mean, to my observation, the Klipsch forum is completely unique on the internet. I realize that might be considered an audacious claim since the internet is HUGE. Nevertheless it is an amazing truth.

I don't really find it odd that Klipsch should be the source and facilitator of this community. Klipsch is unique in the audio world and that world is also HUGE.

In the last 13 months on the forum I have learned more about audio than I did in the last 30 years. No Joke.

Heck, I've even invited dozens of people to my house, that I met on the internet!9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 4/18/2004 10:52:18 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Heck, I've even invited dozens of people to my house, that I met on the internet!
9.gif9.gif9.gif
----------------

Daddy

did you ever think you would say the above statement a year ago ?? You should heard the first time I told my wife that I was having somone I met on a internet forum come by are house. It was a experience to say the least. Now there is at least a dozen members of this and other forums that stop by all the time.

Craig

PS:

out of all the people I have met from the internet the only one that really scared me was Toothless Dean 9.gif11.gif2.gif

A rare place indeed. And I for one would hate to see it change for the worse because of these latest problems. Like Daddy, I too have learned more about Klipsch and tube audio in general because of this very Forum (which I also consider a second home, and its members a family)...I never would've dived in head-first into tubes had it not been for all the gracious help I've received from many of its Forum members! And for that, I thank each and every one of you who've stopped to answer all my stupid questions, and accepted me and all my failings, and made me feel like part of this Klipsch family. I appreciate that very much.

Jesus,

Apparently I have missed the latest episode of the young and the restless. Now we have the Klipsch guys up in arms again? For what now? If we have to face the prospect of 'change' I would just like to be informed once (on time) about what nasty things were said and be able to read the thread.

Not that it matters because almost every one of these incidents always follow the same MO and always have the same players. We don't need full time moderators and we shouldn't think the 'trolls and baiters' would be the only ones kicked out. Those who can't control themselves and feel it necessary to hurl insults as soon as their name or someone else's name is mentioned in any manner should accompany them. People in glass houses is the relevant cliche.

What the mods could do is add a few more keywords to their forum checking guide and it should dramatically cut down on the provocation. Let me think what words need to be added: Mobile Homeless, better, cables, tubes, experience, ears, audiophiles, Scott, Eico, Paragon, power cords, interconnects, air, distortion, repair, upgrade, IRAQ, Bush, politics, religion, belief, believe, my, mine, you, yours, we, our, bass, design, Bose, comparison, evaluation, Bush, Gore, Saddam, Florida, steal, Supreme Court and the list of words made famous by Mr. Carlin. It seems all of these words immediately drain all common sense, dignity, and courtesy from many of our members and they are compelled to respond because they can no longer 'click' away from the topic voluntarily.

We could also impose a stalking rule so that you were banned upon the moderators identifying a pattern wherein certain members of this board feel compelled to respond immediately after some other 'target' member of the board. You could also be banned if you simply add one liners after every couple of posts just to built up your 'title' and most are intended to provoke other members. Most of all, you SHOULD be banned if you post the same nonsensical rubbish on a regular basis just to hear yourself speak and misrepresent yourself as some 'important' purveyor of information when you have no basis upon which to stand.

This post, of course, is not directed at any particular individual, utilizes some sarcasm intended to highlight just how stupid most of this behavior and associated responses are, and points out some actions which are rather disturbing and the individuals engaging in them should look in a mirror and desist.