Flagstaff AR Trip

Trey, you know I am from Prescott, AR originally. No telling how many times stuff mailed to me back when I lived in Prescott had numerous postmarks on it showing it had somehow been routed to Prescott, AZ before finally getting to me! So, this is even a problem for the USPS, itself, it seems! It seems that the confusion between AR, AZ, and AK is an ongoing one.

Ok guys, Greg still needs an answer to his question. Anybody in the forum know anything about record stores in that town. One presumes if there's a college in town there will be a good record store nearby.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 7:46:19 PM thebes wrote:

Ok guys, Greg still needs an answer to his question. Anybody in the forum know anything about record stores in that town. One presumes if there's a college in town there will be a good record store nearby.
----------------

No. The Arkie's are having too much fun.

Well... I guess I was in error with my abbreviation. It was an honest mistake that many people make I gather.

Thank you Trey for pointing it out. I really have never grasped all the 2 letter state abrevs(abbreviations), since they were initiated. Unfortunately I had already left for Arkansas before you answered my thread. Oh well. It was a hell of a ride. Gas was cheaper there so in my mind it all equaled out.

So moving on.......

After discovering my mistake and backtracking to Flagstaff AZ I found what I was looking for on my own, and then some. A nice small town, but not too small. One good used record outlet, and three brewpubs.

That`s a ratio that I can live with.

You guys. LOL

Yeah well, this is a pet peave of mine.

It used to be that you could write out the name of a city and state on mailing envelopes.

Then there were zip codes. A good idea and were just an extension of city zones. E.g. Chicago 19 became 60619.

But then there was a demand for state initials. AR, AK, and AZ got confused though. Also MO, MI, and MA. (The latter sounds like a song by the Three Stooges.)

I've reverted to writing out the names in full (plus the zip) with the firm conviction that the people at the USPS can read.

If not, we should have postal stamps with little grids (like machine scored tests) in which to fill in zip codes.

In any event, there are some good record stores on Clark Street. In Chicago.

Smile,

Gil