Attention Amy and forum members !! Signatures

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as the new component isn't a Poodle, it's all good. It would have more high midrange glare than I could stand2.gif

But seriousleh, I do agree that better solutions would be welcome regarding signatures. I would like freedom to have a smaller, non intrusive signature, and on an ideal BBS setup, would be able to choose to use or not use it. I find that occasionally posting my sig is helpful (especially when the discussion is assisted by listing my gear). Generally I don't wish to use it, especially for multiple posts in a thread, but selective usage would be very helpful, since my opinions and advice are reflected in my gear choices.

Y'all may remember how long my sig used to be (and I liked it that way, despite what Netscape users complained about). And I was pissed off like Craig and others were when it lost its HTML ability (plus I miss Craig's "NOSValves" logo...very professional). Despite the reason(s) for the changeabout, I've reformatted my sig as you can see, and if you click to my "System Profile", well, you can plainly see that my old sig still lives big and true, even with a photo (which I plan on updating once my BEZ 300B amp arrives, if ever)!

So maybe Craig and others will just have to live with a new sig reconfigured like mine below, and have their old design back in their "System Profile" section. Unless Amy gets the go-ahead to change it back to the way it was!

----------------

On 5/8/2004 10:41:43 AM jt1stcav wrote:

Y'all may remember how long my sig used to be (and I liked it that way, despite what Netscape users complained about). And I was pissed off like Craig and others were when it lost its HTML ability (plus I miss Craig's "NOSValves" logo...very professional). Despite the reason(s) for the changeabout, I've reformatted my sig as you can see, and if you click to my "System Profile", well, you can plainly see that my old sig still lives big and true, even with a photo (which I plan on updating once my BEZ 300B amp arrives, if ever)!

So maybe Craig and others will just have to live with a new sig reconfigured like mine below, and have their old design back in their "System Profile" section. Unless Amy gets the go-ahead to change it back to the way it was!

----------------

Yeah, that's all great. I could agree with a UNIFORM ban, but what we have now is a LONG way from UNIFORM. Some of the very people who were supposedly targeted by Klipsch with this action still have HTML ads for competitors like SVS in their signatures! I think that's completely unfair to those who never abused the system, but are penalized by this arbitrary action.

I've raised this issue several times so far on the forum, and have YET to see a single meaningful response from the moderators.

Oh I agree with you 100%, Cleve...sorry I didn't address this concern in my post. It is unfair, but it may never be addressed by the moderators (and others may continue to "get away" with their sponsored sigs). I'm just saying that Craig and others might just have to bite the bullet on this sig situation and go with the flow, as unfortunant as it is. At least Craig should be able to post his logo on his "System Profile" if he chooses (and if Klipsch will allow it...I see no harm done by doing so).

I really don't care about the logo or pictures in the sig. I just want to be able to format my system in the sig like we used too. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what I do for a living and where my website is ! I would just like to be able to format the text. For me with literally hundreds of customers on this forum its a real pain to try and remember who has what where and when. Hitting the system profile is a real pain and slows the posting process down. All they have to do is limit the size of a signature to a certain reasonable size and make it a rule no advertisement or active links to other sites. I just do not see the big deal here. Heck they don't need to do it manually just let the size limit be known and people will follow the rules or get suspended from posting until they conform to the rules. Seems pretty simple to me.

Craig

----------------

On 5/8/2004 12:00:10 PM NOSValves wrote:

I really don't care about the logo or pictures in the sig. I just want to be able to format my system in the sig like we used too. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what I do for a living and where my website is ! I would just like to be able to format the text. For me with literally hundreds of customers on this forum its a real pain to try and remember who has what where and when. Hitting the system profile is a real pain and
slows the posting process down
. All they have to do is limit the size of a signature to a certain reasonable size and make it a rule no advertisement or active links to other sites. I just do not see the big deal here. Heck they don't need to do it manually just let the size limit be known and people will follow the rules or get suspended from posting until they conform to the rules. Seems pretty simple to me.

Craig

----------------

Spoken like a true "Increase Dosage" member.2.gif

I too would like my sig to make since again. I also like to see what other people have for equipment. As mentioned before, if someone were suggesting what amp I should buy and that person had the Blose Acoustimas system, I would definitely take note of the source.

• Moderators

I wasn't offended, Craig. I just don't work weekends 1.gif

In grade school, if 2 kids were disruptive in class, didn't everyone have to suffer? Didn't the teacher always say, "Life isn't fair." Sorry guys, but until the forum can be under control in other ways, the signature modifications will remain in place. If I have to scrutinize every single post that goes up (in addition to my other responsibilities here), do all of you who know how busy this forum is honestly think I can keep up with signatures, also? I wouldn't have a life outside of Klipsch.

Be patient. The forum is changing, growing, becoming a better place for all. We'll note all your requests and take them into consideration for the picture-perfect future that lies ahead 2.gif.

Amy,

Except for a few things that haven't changed around here I personally think your presense alone changed things to a extreme. The place is very civil these days ! All were talking about here is being able to format the text in a signatures ?

Craig

• Moderators

It's only been a few days, Craig! Have some patience.

I'm glad you think things have already changed with my presence. Someone mentioned it before (was it this post? or perhaps another) that not only do they have to clean it up, but also be a gentleman (something like that)... That was pretty good :) Although I hope everyone here would be a gentleman under any circumstance 2.gif

• Moderators

Ha! Civil would be fine 2.gif

Since no one knows me personally, age or personality-wise, maybe it's best you all behave like you would around you mother, wife, or daughter.

Just a thought. 2.gif

----------------

On 5/10/2004 11:34:45 AM Amy Unger wrote:

I wasn't offended, Craig. I just don't work weekends
1.gif

In grade school, if 2 kids were disruptive in class, didn't everyone have to suffer? Didn't the teacher always say, "Life isn't fair." Sorry guys, but until the forum can be under control in other ways, the signature modifications will remain in place. If I have to scrutinize every single post that goes up (in addition to my other responsibilities here), do all of you who know how busy this forum is honestly think I can keep up with signatures, also? I wouldn't have a life outside of Klipsch.

Be patient. The forum is changing, growing, becoming a better place for all. We'll note all your requests and take them into consideration for the picture-perfect future that lies ahead
2.gif

----------------

Those teachers obviously weren't trained very well, and probably needed to find a new line of work.7.gif

• Moderators

Well, my point to that is not all teachers can spend their time disciplining one or two disruptive students in a class of 25-30 students. Takes time away from everyone else.

I think it applies here. We have 16,500 registered users.

At any rate, we're getting off topic! I welcome anyone and everyone to email me their suggestions for the board (including HTML sigs!!) for future consideration. Good and practical ideas will be implimented!