Attention Amy and forum members !! Signatures

Amy,

I for one would like the ability to format are signatures once again many have there's still formatted with small text and don't dare update because it will turn to gibberish ! Is there any way that we could get it back with some sort of size limitation ? It would be nice if others would chime in with there concerns if they have any on this subject.

Craig

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I think the size limitation might be hard to implement if they allow HTML. The could limit the size to some certain # of characters but that wouldn't stop anyone from using table tags or just typing in 40 line breaks.

It would be nice if we could just rely on people's modesty (yeah right) to limit the height of their sigs.

----------------

On 5/6/2004 11:04:59 PM m00n wrote:

I'm not sure it was a size limitation as much as it was links to competitors websites (*caugh* svs *caugh*)
2.gif
I agree I would like it back as well.

----------------

Well, the thing that's stupid - most of our signatures now suck, and that fellow who's the bipedal SVS advertisement(Orange Peel) STILL has his, fine and dandy with working SVS link and all! The stupidity of the 'fix' pisses me off everytime I see O.P.'s signature - it was like Klipsch used a sledgehammer to try and fix a porcelain dish or something along those lines. The ironic/idiotic part - Advertisements for competitors in sigs was supposedly one of the reasons WHY these new rules were instituted. Yet only the innocent were punished.

Wouldn't it have simply been easier to delete Orange Pedal's signature rather than screw everyone elses up?

Ha! Craig spelled it right -- imagine that!

Here Tommy, let me help you out a little. Poor Craig's brain goes about 3 times faster than his fingers.

Amy,

I for one would like the ability to format our signatures once again. Many still have them with formatted text, but I don't dare update mine, because everytime I've tried it in the past, it just turns to gibberish! Is there any way we can get the formatting feature back, but with some sort of size limitation? It would be nice if others would chime in if they feel the same way, or have other concerns -- if they have any on this subject.

Craig

New sigs would be nice. It's tough to get around the rules.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

On the possibility of restoring the HTML signature feature...

I think that the recent movement toward reclaiming civility in the forum on the part of the community could merit reconsideration of the question.

With this concern in mind, I don't think an inappropriate signature would last long before forum members gave a quick heads up to Amy on the matter. With supportive monitoring by forum members and an attitude of willing accountability it should not be a burden to administer.12.gif

With the creative enhancements that HTML signatures would offer to enrich the forum enviromnent it's a genuine Win-Win situation.

----------------

On 5/7/2004 12:43:21 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

Hope your signature does'nt contain a " manley snapper "
9.gif

Cause if it does ,you might get locked out
11.gif15.gif2.gif

Hope no one starts nameing amps after cats or we'll be in real trouble .
6.gif

----------------

9.gif11.gif9.gif

LOL... Thats for damn sure.

I like the idea of smaller signatures. It was a pain printing out comments when half the page was somebodies signature.

But...

They look awful at the moment. A boring sans serif font which has all the life-like qualities of a pair of Bose 301's. Please let us jazz it up a bit. A limit on the length is fine, maybe a restriction to the main system and other systems can be attached in your personal description if others really want to know the real you.

Don

----------------

On 5/7/2004 3:04:22 PM 3dzapper wrote:

I don't think it was the Manley Snapper or the Red snapper. Methinks it was the mOOn snapper
2.gif
That brought down the hammer.

Rick

----------------

Hey sure. I take part of the blame, but CMon, you have to know that Dale's comment about Amy didn't help at all. 11.gif9.gif