Another Newbie

DanB

Hi all..been lurking here for several weeks gathering as much info about Klipsch as I could. After several months searching for new speakers to replace my Paradigm Monitor series I decided I really liked the Klipsch sound best. I now have RF-35 mains and a RC-35 center. I'm still undecided on what to do at the sides & rears, bookselves or floorstanders, but know they will be Klipsch Rreference. I listened to all of the Reference series except the RF-7's (special order only) and chose the 35's for my setup. After breaking them in for a week I remain very satisfied with them. Great forum BTW...Cheers.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your purchase. Regarding your side and rear surrounds I would either get RF 35's or if you can't go floor standing then go with the RB 35's. My personal recommendation is to avoid the WDST units, especially if you want multichannel music. Some folks here like them I am just not one of them. I think you will come to value the day very much you decided to go with Klipsch loudspeakers. This is the place to come for answers. The volume of information available here is staggering. The people are great and more than happy to offer any suggestions they can provide. Again welcome aboard. Enjoy!!!

Welcome Dan! I hope you'll enjoy your new speakers and I think you'll find this forum to be almost like family. There are a lot of great people here. Glad you decided to join! Please take a look at the RS-35's or RS-7's for surrounds.

-Picky 2.gif

Many thanks to the kind words of welcome. I plan on checking out a pair of RB-511's and RB-3's over the coming weekend as potential surrounds/rears. I hope they will be reasonably timbre matched to the 35's as they are a lot cheaper than RB-35's. I have a 5' wide opening to the dining room about 3/4 along the right wall where my right side surround should be placed and think I will be better off with a direct radiator firing over my head than one of the RS models. Thanks for the suggestions. 1.gif

Welcome to the fray!! You definitely have a good start.

Personally, I would shoot for the RB-35s, just for the comfort factor. That way I would KNOW they were timbre matched. I do, however, understand the funds availability issue. I'm just trying to play a little Devi's advocate and remind you may wish yoiu hadn't "settled" later. However, the speakers you're looking at very fine in their own right, it's strictly a matter of timbre.

John

Well I jumped the gun by a couple of days and bought 2 pair of RB-3's for surround/rear duty. Timbre matching with the 35's L/R & center, while not perfect, is still very good. The RB-3's are a nice speaker with the real wood veneer (Maple) and it almost seems like they are wasted used in this way. So, after starting a complete system up grade last October I can now say I'm finished, and satisfied, for now. By the time I get it all paid for it will be time to start over. Once again many thanks for the helpful advice and suggestions. 1.gif

Dan, they are certainly not being wasted, on well mixed DVD's there is plenty of material in the rear to be heard. I have 4 Cornwall II's in the rear and I certainly don't consider them being wasted especially not when I am listening to music in 7 channel matrix. Enjoy your new purchases and welcome to the forum!