Anyone Buying Return Of The King at midnight??

Hyabusha

----------------

On 5/24/2004 10:38:06 AM TheEAR wrote:

Yeah me too
2.gif
Great movie,make that awesome sight and sound

----------------

Waitamminit! EAR, ya rotten bastid, you! (jk) I thought you already had your copy, you lucky dog!?

9.gif9.gif

BTW, if you can get your copy early, more power to you! I would too if I could!

I find between Wal Mart and Target they (esp Target the first 24 hrs..) has great sales. Don't forget with those sleepy eyes to get it in Widescreen too. And let us know what you think.

I will be probably looking tonight at 12:01 too..

GO PACERS!!!

----------------

On 5/24/2004 11:13:46 AM Cleve wrote:

----------------

On 5/24/2004 10:38:06 AM TheEAR wrote:

Yeah me too
2.gif
Great movie,make that awesome sight and sound

----------------

Waitamminit! EAR, ya rotten bastid, you! (jk) I thought you already had your copy, you lucky dog!?

9.gif9.gif

BTW, if you can get your copy early, more power to you! I would too if I could!

----------------

YEP I do,go get yours as soon as you can.Your system will be put to the test

1.gif

----------------

On 5/24/2004 1:03:11 PM TheEAR wrote:

YEP I do,go get yours as soon as you can.Your system will be put to the test

1.gif

----------------

Do you think the sound is even better than LOTR and the Two Towers? I thought their soundtracks were downright incredible, especially the DTS on LOTR - extended version.

I will not say its better than FOTR or TT but its on par...and since its new...I may hype it a bit.In the end the trilogy of the Lord of the Rings will be a grand success.Nothing less

The battle alone for Minas Tirith is some sight to behold.

Now if Silmarillion or The Hobbit would be made...with more accuracy to the masterpieces written by Tolkien. Drool...I would no doubt get them all,ALL.

I can dream

----------------

On 5/24/2004 3:44:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

Now if Silmarillion or The Hobbit would be made...with more accuracy to the masterpieces written by Tolkien. Drool...I would no doubt get them all,ALL.

I can dream

----------------

You and me both! I would love to see the Hobbit be made with the same quality and attention to detail, although more accurate to the book itself.

As to if I'll get the Lord of the Rings right at midnight? If I am still up, otherwise, I'll hit the store in the morning on the way out to the outer banks (the house I am staying at has a surround-sound system, although I highly doubt it is as good as what I got packing at home 9.gif).

I'll be back in the states in 3 weeks and that's number 1 on my shopping list. What an incredible journey that trilogy is 9.gif

I'm with all you - the Hobbit, made with the same quality, would be incredible. It's been years since I read all these books, but recall liking the Hobbit even better than the LOTRs.

----------------

On 5/24/2004 3:50:54 PM gcoker wrote:

Is it for sure that an extended version will be released.

If so that will make the movie 4 hours. Any time frame

for the Extended release?
----------------

Damn straight... they're a little further behind on putting it together (compared to the previous two EE releases), from the last report I read, but still hope to have it out by December.

I think I read that the running time is going to clock in around 4:10 or so... Now there's and evening

9.gif

not me, i did that for the first movie, i will rent this one just to see it again, but i will wait to buy it until they come out with the extended version, the extended version of the 2 towers was soooo much better than the original release, i am just getting tired of owning 2 of everything12.gif

I'm with Tahnkhokie on waiting for the extended release. I'll rent the theatrical release in the meantime.

And Ear, I would LOVE to see The Silmarillion made, but man, that's a lot of stories, each one more or less able to stand on it's own . . . a HUGE amount of material. It would take 15 hours to do it right!

Although I did enjoy watching the whole LOTR trilogy in combination of both at home and in the theater, I do not really care to sit through it again, so I will not be buying any copies of any of them. They were very remarkable movies, but they were also too long for my tastes. I am very glad I saw them but once will suffice. I have no arguement with anyone else liking them enough to buy them, and I totally understand doing so. -Just chiming in here to cast my vote is all.