Best Male Vocalist

While we're running the best female vocalist lets hear it for the men. As I think about it seems to me that there are much greater differences in mens voices than there is in womens voices. Actually there is so much difference I had a much, much harder time of coming up with group of favorites than I did with the women.

1. Andrea Bocelli

2. James Taylor

3. Rod Stewart especially in "Gasoline Alley"

4. Freddie Mercury "R.I.P. Freddie"

5. Al Green

6. Burton Cummings, whatever happened to him anyway?

Nothing like Jim Nabors singing "Rose Garden."9.gif Gives me the chills every time!6.gif

Speaking of Burton Cummings, anyone heard his version of BTOs "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet?" He does a great lounge lizard version. For those who don't know, Cummings was the voice for The Guess Who and Randy Bachman and others (I think) from BTO were in the band.

Too many great male vocalists to name just one. Caruso, Pavoratti, Sinatra, Como, Plant, Dylan2.gif, Lennon & McCartney, Gaye, Barry White, CSN & Y the list goes on. Way too subjective. Some people actually like the way guys like Dylan & Garcia sing/sang.

James Ingram with Quincy Jones - One Hundred Ways

Al Jarreau - We're in this Love Together

Aaron Neville

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind

Blue Rodeo (I forget the vocalist) - Try

Sachmo (Louis Armstrong) - anything with Ella

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game and other ballads

Joe Williams - I Was Telling Her About You Until I Met You A Man Ain't Supposed To Cry

----------------

On 5/30/2004 10:03:20 PM 3dzapper wrote:

I'll toss out a few from rock/pop:

Neil Diamond

Van Morrison

Billy Joel

Rot Orbeson

Elvis

Rick

----------------

Rot Orbeson??!! 6.gif6.gif We know he passed on, but......... geesh! 2.gif

Operatic tenor: Fritz Wunderlich (deceased) His rendition of "Ave Maria" brought tears to the eyes of devout atheists!

Pop/Rock: Elvis Presley, Gordon Lightfoot, Little Richard.

Jazz/blues: Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Satchmo, Frank Sinatra, David Clayton Thomas.

H@ll, theres just so many great vocalists out there and they're all unique and enjoyable for the most part........

1. Andrea Bocelli - one of the best operatic voices plus he puts his "soul" into the music.

2. Josh Groban - a huge voice with with almost limitless variations and inflections.

3. James Taylor - a sweet as a voice can be. Real easy to listen to. Never gets on your nerves.

As with the females, there are so many others but the above three are desert island material. Especially Bocelli and Groban.