Forums come and go,

Exactly what the hand wringing is about is not so clear.

Maybe that if many people are buying used Heritage, for whatever reason, Klipsch Inc. is going to die for lack of business (which hardly seems to be the case in fact). And they are the only source for Heritage; so all things inevitably circle the drain. Such is the psychology of depression. Some people only see disaster.

Now it is true that I've only bought used Heritage.

But there is a bigger picture. E.g. I will probably buy a new sub in the coming year. It is going to be a Klipsch. Year ago I recommended some of the KG series and the folks were happy. Their kids may be rocking on Klipsch computer speakers.

Klipsch Inc., I believe is more careful than we appreciate. Old line Heritage guys are keeping up the banner and, for example, visit Indy to hear the new stuff. Eventually, even the old time hard liners are going to give recommendations to a new comer that the 2010 Klipsch models are terrific. It may take that long.

- - - -

Brand loyalty, and change of products, IMHO, is always difficult. OMG, they changed something. Where are the old days of my youth?

You'd hope that the new stuff is better than the old. In the case of the K-Horn, that is not going to happen unless the Jubilee come out. Yet I beleive my Quartets are better than the original Heresy. They're pretty much the same size. A lot of people like the Refs. I'd recommend them too.

- - - -

Brand loyalty, and brand referrals, can come from some very unique situations which have endurance. My dad always bought Fords. He said they ride like a truck but always start. He was, and I am, old enough that he might have been talking about the 1930s.

It holds true for service too. One of my professors would wax about how he got some very bad treatment on a warranty issue from a dealer for X. He went to Y and got good service. Over the decades, he bought three more cars form Y.

- - - -

The bottom line is that Klipsch Inc. has a business going. Most of it is new and they're still making the Heritage, save the Cornwall. Nothing is actually circling the drain, despite dark intimations to the contrary.

Best,

Gil

C&S,

I see where you are going with this. I have posted very little, but monitored for some time. I try to keep my opinionated mouth shut and learn from others. Two years ago I thought tube amps were an underpowered joke. I have owned all Heritage (not Bell) over the years and never had the backs off of them. Now, I use Altec mids and drivers atop my CWs, have braced & dampened boxs, and dwelling into active crossovers/SS for bottom and nice little tubes/w passives for the top. Has this forum been of value to me? You bet!!! The personal contacts and info obtained allows me to listen to the best sound I could imagine. (for the buck) This forum and the people involved gave me the knowledge to listen to a sound that would cost at least five times what I have invested. To listen to sound reperduction that I can't afford. I learned that it is not about how much money you have to spend....It is about what you know.

For that, I will always be greatful to Indy-Klipsch. IMO the BB is a public service to the people who made Klipsch & Asso. what they are today. Will I buy the new Klipsch? Will I buy a non-PWK design from them?

Do I make money for them? Have I suggested to a friend that he pick up a pair of RF-7s?

Nope.

Is the Klipsch forum going down hill due to censorship? Will I pull away from it?

Only when I stop learning from it and the people who post.

Regards,

Terry

For the last 3 years. Lets see, if my memory is right

3 RF-7s 2001

1 RSW-15 2001

2 RF-3IIs

1 RC-3II

2 RS-3IIs

I realize that looks like everything, but I have bought more then I have shown. My first Klipsch speakers were the Rebel series sats and KSW-100 as a sub(I think back in 1997). I loved it and it paired up well. Later on in life got a longer lasting job sense I was out of high school and made more money. Long live Klipsch and this forum. But One thing for sure will not die, our memory of the famous founder himself, Paul W Klipsch.

CD

I bought a DD5.1 decoder box this year. Does that count? Of my 4 pairs of Klipsch, I bought one pair at MSRP at an authorized dealer, 19 years ago. But I have had friends buy Klipsch after visiting my house. As for the value of the Forum to the company in terms of increased sales, that would be hard to determine, but I would say that generally the Forum and its members are a plus for Klipsch.

I was in Ultimate Electronics just last Thursday and I walked into a HT room where a customer was auditioning the RF-35 HT system and a Def Tech set up. The salesman was struggling to help the guy make a buy decision on either system and the customer really seemed confused. I struck up a conversation with the customer, a total stranger to me, and told him that I was a Klipsch owner. I then ask the salesman to repeat the comparison and I asked the customer to listen carefully to the dialog (the movie was X-Men 2). Of course the clarity was better with the Klipsch. Then we listened to some music (SRV). Before I left, the salesman had closed the sale on the Klipsch system and a Denon HT receiver. Maybe the guy would have bought Klipsch even if I had not butted in, but I felt like I was helping him.

Since I discovered this place, I bought a new AK4 Belle in '03, to go with my '98 k-horns, plus I bought new RS7's for surround duty.

I don't see the forum as going downhill at all. It's just that klipsch has demonstrated they will not tolerate bad behavior on their property. We can debate how they police the joint, but ultimately, it is ~their~ joint to run as they see fit. And understandably, they don't want anything said here that might reflect poorly on klipsch LLC.

I have found this forum to be very helpful in crystalising my update desires. I visited this form as a nonregistered user for some time before electing to join. I think it's highly desirable to promote both current and classic product. Klipsch is not by any means a fly by night company, or a flavour of the month company. The fact that 30 plus year old product is as highly prized as modern product is virtually unique in our pre-packaged world. It gives me a sense of confidence in buying Klipsch product. I do think you've got to cover all bases and if you're able to, satisfy the whole market. I personally don't like the way multi channel/home theatre is going, but if I was going that way again, Klipsch has got the product there for me.

Promoting classic gear in this forum, such as the Heritage series, has led me down the decision path to a new pair of Klipschorns - helped by informed comments by forum members. I know the basic design is over 50 years old but you if you get it right the first time why shoot yourself in the foot by changing it (I'm not saying you can't refine a product). After all other other manufacturers still haven't caught on to the fact that you don't have to throw 100's of watts into complicated crossovers to drive heavy inefficient drivers to reproduce....flat, unrealistic sound which suppresses the micro and macro dynamics of music.

bought my patio speakers (HS-2) and bedroom speakers RB-5s...as for the forum living on, klipsch owners want to compare notes, share experiences and discuss a passionate hobby, that will not change. I must admit I have lost my taste for certain board members and post less now but I will continue to check out the topics and post from time to time...regards, tony

RF-5's new three months ago

RC3II - last year

RCW5's this year

2 pair Klipsch Quintets - new last year

Promedia 2.1 $100.00 last month

1979 CW

1974 Klipschorns

95 Forte II's - new in 95

KG3.5 new

Heresys - used

I think Klipsch should offer us more B stock deals. We all know the quality and are very resourceful. SO let us in on returns, or blems that would possibly go elsewhere. I love the refurbished Promedia 2.1 I just bought. It is the first offering to members that I have seen in over a year.