Why is the forum so S...L....O........W today?

fini

Let's count the things that don't work and warn others to not try this at home:

1. Do not tip the server. Much like tipping cows, it does little good and just generally irritates the offended party.

2. Do not blow your cookies. Just a generally disgusting activity that only seems to be interesting to the absurdly deviate at certain websites.

3. Do not type in all caps. This offensive yelling will hurt the server's feelings and put you in that 'spit in their drink' category of a rude customer.

4. Do not try to be witty. Just like us, when the service is a bit under the weather attempts at humor can have quite the negative effect.

5. Do not try the Dick Cheney senate floor tactic. While the F word is extraordinarily versatile and lyrical it can be taken in the wrong way - especially when you are not feeling on top of the world.

I think we should take the day off and play some golf (gosh darnit - physician Heal thyself - I am off to the course now)...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fini: Can you imagine trying to do a drawing in AutoCAD while the PC was running this slow? SHEESH! I'm sure glad they are working on it. The server is probably just choking on all of the old posts about Bose systems. 9.gif

----------------

On 7/7/2004 10:58:51 AM TheEAR wrote:

Some know it all decided to IMPROVE and took the dual Xeon server home and in its place installed a 486!

This forum is now as slow as molasses

----------------

A 486? That fast? All along, I thought maybe they were using a Commadore-64 and a pair of TRaSh-80's. 11.gif

It's not Norton's fault - it's the fault of whoever installed, and set up, the software. I subscribe to plenty of other forums that don't have this problem. It's been this way for weeks now - it's like going back to the days of a 9600 baud modem (except even slower) Whoever Klipsch pays to provide webspace and maintain the pages should be required to rectify the situation.

----------------

On 7/7/2004 4:23:19 PM skeptic wrote:

Heck yeah, they better get this fixed FAST. I pay good money to use this forum....er..
;)

----------------

KLIPSCH likely PAYS a provider for their webspace and site maintenance, since the last time I checked, Klipsch was NOT an ISP.

If the forum is SLOW, and people lose interest, it's not providing the marketing service/outreach for Klipsch that the company is paying for. Therefore, it's in both Klipsch and the subscribers' best interest to fix the forum.

• Klipsch Employees

Most everything is done inhouse. We added new virus software and thought that was our porblem. Turns out we have a problem with our SQL server...we are working on it. I have noticed that it is getting better.

You think it is slow there, you should be in house...but, like I said, it is getting better and we are working on it.