Who would buy the Jubilee if it were offered?

Parrot

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is a question of economics when you get into the thousands of dollars. While many people would buy a car at that amount and finance it for 5 years... And not give it a second thought? Why not!!

I wish somehow we could hear them side by side if possible to a k horn. Just because you could be able to afford it, does not mean you will or should. I know personally many wealthy people from a financial point of view, that could wear, drive, live, just about anything or anywhere they want. On some things they splurge... On others, it just isn't important to them.

I feel to complete the Paul W Klipsch and his legacy, but only if he was happy with a finished product standpoint, I would love to see it released. It does not matter how many are actually made, but to know THIS is the pinnicle of all of his work would be a great lead in product and in a way bridge the gap from the reference of Fred Klipsch newer Klipsch company, from Pauls original heritage line Klipsch speakers.

I would probably modify my Klipschorns before I would spend that kind of money on the Jubilee.

Like the current Klipschorn, I think the Jubilee would be as much Roy Delgado's legacy as Paul Klipsch's.

Here's some food for thought:

"After a 6 hour listening session with the ALK Engineering Crossover Network inserted in the Klipschorn's I will say that this is the closest thing to a Jubilee I have ever heard. I have invested 500.00 to upgrade my system 5000.00!!!, and that is no BULL____..."

Thank You,

Michael Klementovich

Proof that I can turn any thread into a network plug.

----------------

On 7/1/2004 12:03:20 AM ssh wrote:

Before, or after I hit the Powerball?

SSH

----------------

AFTER!

I'd like to go hear them in somebody's house. Maybe even move in for a few weeks!

My system could be called... great value on the cheap. A fair amount of my enjoyment of the system is in having good tunes AND good prices on gear.

The thing that is so cool about the Jubilee is that PWK's dream of an absolutely killer two way is realized in his design of the J. If I'm understanding what others have said about his Khorn designs... that is the three way design was simply a necessary design because of driver limitations. In those decades of his career, it took three drivers to make the Khorn work. Not exactly the nature of the beast, but the nature of what would work at the time.

Does this ring true to others who have actually had the opportunity to listen to the Man? This is the gist of what I heard from HDBRBuilder.

BTW, does anyone know where Andy is. He was sitting on ready to get orders for active duty and I haven't heard from him in a while.

Edit: well, I went back up to the top of the thread and looked at the picture again. That Jubilee looks so nice. Hadn't really looked at it so closely before. Something else, Mr. Klipch's face seems to have a glow about his countenance. I imagine that he knew with great confidence that he'd hit this one way out of the park!

----------------

On 6/30/2004 10:07:21 PM paulparrot wrote:

How many of you would pay the estimated $15,000 a pair for the home version of the Jubilee, were it ever to actually go into production?

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/jub.jpg">

----------------

In my dreams, yes; in a heartbeat. But unfortunately I live in a land called 3kids&amortgage. I'm just thrilled and fortunate to own maybe the next-best-thing.16.gif

This is a hard one. Most of us are cheap basterds, out of inclination and necessity, and the Jubilees definitely put an end to any version of cheap!

Our biggest roadblock would be the addition to our house - there is no way anyone could accept less than a perfect listening room when buying new Jubilees. Used Khorns and compromises go hand in hand, but Jubilees would broker zero compromises. This makes the price $45,000 rather than $15,000, and that money mutates into $100,000, because if you are in a little, you are in for the whole hog. The 15k speakers now also mean a newer car for the wife.

Six months working at Chernobyl, or four months digging up depleted uranium sabot shells in Iraq, would cover the costs. Only probelm would be the first person shooting at me would be my wife, trying to kill me about even thinking of going to Asia for work.

First time I have ever seen a cheap set of $15,000 Jubilee speakers actually cost $120,000!2.gif

I would buy the Jubilee (assuming that they are as good as they have been reported to be) If I could manage it but realistically I would never be likely to be able to swing it.

Sigh I'll just have to mudle along with my old Khorns...........Life can be so cruel.

Would be nice to hear them side by side with a pair of KHorns before plomping down the cash.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what they are supposed to do better than the KHorn, or worse for that matter?

I think in a way a design flaw/ problem for Klipschorn placement owners in many peoples homes was solved. Many people do not have perfect corners as well as perfect room dimensions according to the laws of Physics. (Although we all seem to enjoy our K horns just the same anyhow.)

But look carefully at the picture. What Paul did was take away any problem with "You have to have perfect corners and your seating must be exactly in the sweetspot to appreciate them." This was solved in that the folded horn now has wood sides, so fitting it in a perfect corner is not necessary. Point it where you want it and enjoy!!

More important, this also allows people to toe in exactly where it needs to be in their sitting positions too. I personally think that was a huge home run!

Yea, but they are so great that you need a significant room for the statement speakers. I would NOT have Jubilees four feet from our laundry and furnace room. They really need to be in the wow!!! room in your house, and we don't have one. When you spend 1k or 2k on a set of speakers, you can make do having no good corners, too small a room to fully appreciate them, and various sonic shortcomings for a number of years. If you drop 15k large, they better be getting their butts snuggled in an appropriate level room to let them bloom immediately, where the kids don't romp and play much at all, and where they never will be moved.

Saving for the greatroom starts in three weeks.9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 7/1/2004 11:37:29 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I think in a way a design flaw/ problem for Klipschorn placement owners in many peoples homes was solved. Many people do not have perfect corners as well as perfect room dimensions according to the laws of Physics. (Although we all seem to enjoy our K horns just the same anyhow.)

But look carefully at the picture. What Paul did was take away any problem with "You have to have perfect corners and your seating must be exactly in the sweetspot to appreciate them." This was solved in that the folded horn now has wood sides, so fitting it in a perfect corner is not necessary. Point it where you want it and enjoy!!

More important, this also allows people to toe in exactly where it needs to be in their sitting positions too. I personally think that was a huge home run!

----------------

Indy,

Very well put, and I LIKE the versatility, plus I am ASSUMING they will be better than the Khorns2.gif But, the big question is, will Klipsch build a NEW HERITAGE flagship, I just dunno. Betcha they would sound GREAT with my new amps, heh heh heh3.gif10.gif9.gif