Klipschorns FS Southern California

Olorin

Pirhana, almost identical performance out of the drivers, the crossovers would need to be refurbished a little. I have run the '63 against the '91s, and substituted it, and there is not much difference. You have k 33, 55, and 77 drivers, the ev t35 tweeter, and k400 lens in both.

----------------

On 8/3/2004 7:35:41 PM Piranha wrote:

Thanks Dave!

$2500 sounds steep for these however. I am wondering if the owner will take $2K.

Fini, I heard that you recently bought some 60's Khorns? Would you be able to offer any suggestions/advice on these early vintage horns? Thanks!

----------------

Piranha,

My Khorns are around 1980 vintage, and they're STILL not in the corners, so I can't offer much help. Are you able to go hear them?

----------------

On 8/4/2004 11:16:29 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 8/3/2004 7:35:41 PM Piranha wrote:

Thanks Dave!

$2500 sounds steep for these however. I am wondering if the owner will take $2K.

Fini, I heard that you recently bought some 60's Khorns? Would you be able to offer any suggestions/advice on these early vintage horns? Thanks!

----------------

Piranha,

My Khorns are around 1980 vintage, and they're STILL not in the corners, so I can't offer much help. Are you able to go hear them?

----------------

Fini,

Yes I am hoping to go hear them on Friday afternoon if everything works out right. They are down in Fallbrook (San Diego County) which is about 2 hours south of me.

Thanks for your response.

Pirahna -

FWIW - Last November I paid $1,500 for my 1964's in oiled walnut - estate sale, local p/up in greater Portland area. Wood is flawless and only one 2" x 2" water mark on one top grill. $2,500 is high end in P-town but maybe not in SoCal.

1RB crossover that I updated with BEC AA.

Best of luck

----------------

On 8/5/2004 10:20:28 PM Jon Anderson wrote:

They are advertised as Walnut. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think 'C' model was manufactured in walnut. In any case, $2,500 is high end price.
----------------

The "type" is K.B. BR with a walnut stain applied. They are definitely 'C' models. Too rich for my blood at $2.5 large. I'll wait for another pair.