Klipsch Forte II

Magnitosh

Hey, what's the deal on Audiogon? I posted my Forte II's for sale for the tiny price of $625.00. They're a 9/10 only due to age. Everything is mint. Are these speakers declining in value or am I the only person who has found SET tube amplification? The only reason I'm selling is because I found some Belles at a club going out of business. Is my price high? I thought this was a steal since they look and sound perfect.

I've never been in the market for Fortes, but if I recall, they usually sell somewhere around $425+, even in mint condition. Your current asking price will reach into Cornwall territory IMO, but I could also be wrong. There are plenty others on this forum who have bought Fortes recently that can answer your questions better than I, but I'm afraid you're asking a bit too much. In any event, good luck with the club Belles!

ive been waiting to find a local pair of fortes in or around boston for a long time. ive been tracking the prices on audiogon and ebay for almost a year... the average price for fortes either version I or II is $500. id say your price was a bit too high.

Shipping cost, and potential damage can be of concern. If you can find a motivated buyer within a reasonable distance (i.e., local pickup/delivery) they should be able to fetch between $550-$650 (maybe higher). Plant stands can go for significantly less. If you see truly mint Forte IIs for $500 or less (very unlikely), jump on them - it is pretty uncommon. As a matter of fact, truly mint Fortes, at any price, are pretty rare... although sellers seem pretty liberal with their rating scale at times!

PS: I checked out your ad. YOU HAVE NO PICTURES! If you want to sell a premium condition(price)item, you better have (lots of)pictures to back up your claim.

Just for reference, I paid $450 for my Fort'e 1 speakers, in March. There were some minor cosmetics but they were still a 8/10. The seller had them on Ebay and $450 was the starting price. He had no offers but as they were local to me I paid him the start price and picked them up in person. No shipping allowed me to get a "deal"

I think I paid $600 for a mint pair of Forte IIs a year or so ago. It was not necessary to have them shipped and that of course, was a big plus. They were mint, oiled walnut and Forte IIs which is exactly what I wanted. Best $600 I ever spent and although I may/will buy other speakers I will never part with these.

Having said that, (I keep a pretty keen eye on this stuff) I would value mint Forte/Forte IIs in the $500 to $650 range. It's a timing issue and economic equilibrium doesn't occur ever day. Hang in there - theyll sell.

I fought from purchasing that $1200 set. Of course now I wish I had. Just prior I had purchased a set of Oak Oil that were in very good shape. I have decided I want to go ahead and get a said for surrounds. Oak is the preference of course

I saw yours on Audiogon but they were black and there were no pictures. The shipping would put them a little expensive for not exactly what I want.

I really would like to find an Academy first but I could get another set of Forte IIs and sell my Rb5s and RS3s

Mike

Your price is fair. I looked at your ad several times, but I am just not in the market to augment my oiled oak Forte II's right now. Sure, I fantasize about having three pairs for an awesome 6.1 set up in my yet to be built dream house home theater. I just have other priorities right now. As for other's interest, you must realize that while current owners of these magic boxes know how great they are, those who have not experienced them don't, and have no way to audition them unless they have a friend who owns them. I bought mine new in 1989 and it is the best 1400 dollars I ever spent.

• 1 month later...