Am I the only one having Browser Problems with this Forum?

picky

Hello, everyone. I'm really bummin'. I was on vacation at home all last week and I could not log into this forum to save my arse!

I am running Windows Xp Pro and Norton Antirus software. But, Even if I shut it down, the following conditions exist:

I can get to the Klipsch home page, but for the longest time, when I click on "Forum" using MS Internet Explorer, all I get is: "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". So I had reverted to using Netscape Navigator, which used to work fine. But, as of last week, I can still get to the Klispch home page in Netscape, but as soon as I click on "Forum" I get some error messages, something to do with Microsoft basic, etc. I can get into the forum just fine from work using MS Internet Explorer.

Do any of you PC Guru's out there have an idea of what muight be wrong? Thanks.

Hello:

No answer - more problems to be figured out.

1. write a reply, hit submit. "ERROR MESSAGE - expired log-in, timeout, etc in the message.

Hit back, resubmit, it posts.

2. Excessive time waiting for even a short post to make it.

3. Excessive time waiting to read subjects and replies - no pictures within most or attachments just extra time.

4. Many times inability to even get to Forum: too busy to use right now, EXCESSIVE time.

unknown reasons. Possibly like Yahoo, Hotmail (even though I pay MSN for webtv) and they have the gall to keep sending messages for a combo of webtv and a PC for less than I am paying now - cannot reply, add contacts, compose on HOTMAIL, Lycos, Copmail - cannot use them.

Another way of forcing us to pay for upgrades - hmmmm - a pattern with Computer and Audio?

How much money do the above to areas think we have as disposable income?

Then the Recording Companies say sales are down - DUHHHHH - Equipment or CDs for a lot of people - Quality Sound vs more to play?

If I am not mistaken, there is a tax we pay on CD RWs for copyright, performance, etc.. Has anyone ever seen anything on how that is distributed? Boy did I get out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

I guess having your Cousin's Son almost killed in Iraq doesn't help.

dodger

The forum has been a bit wonky for the past few weeks. Trey Cannon posted after the forum had gone into the dumper for a weekend that there was a problem with Klipsch LLC's SQL software. I don't know whether that is the case lately however.

In any event It's not you or your computer.

The problem with the Klipsch forum software has been fixed for at least a week. I am not haveing any problems logging into the forum. I am using Windows XP Home and IE 6 SP2. All of my MS software has been fully updated. I am using Norton Internet Security which includes Antivirus.

Folks that do not use a firewall by an external vendor should turn on the XP firewall in the operating system. Folks may also want to get rid of all the spyware on their computers with free software like Spybot or AdAware.

The difficulties logging in may be the result of cookies being corrupted or IP addresses being blocked. More later.

Bill

Bill: I'll give purging the cookies a try tonight and see what happens. I'm on Comcast broadband, too. I regularly upgrade my Windows updates and I wasn't aware of a service pack 2 for XP??? Or, is that for IE?? I frequently scan for spyware too. Thanks for the tips.

-Glenn

I was so-o busy working on finishing a cabinet for our theater last night that I didn't even have time to go down the basement to our office and give the IE/Cookie-deletion-thing a whrl. Grrrrrrr!15.gif Hopefully, tonight for sure!

----------------

On 8/2/2004 9:05:16 AM picky wrote:

Hello, everyone. I'm really bummin'. I was on vacation at home all last week and I could not log into this forum to save my arse!

I am running Windows Xp Pro and Norton Antirus software. But, Even if I shut it down, the following conditions exist:

I can get to the Klipsch home page, but for the longest time, when I click on "Forum" using MS Internet Explorer, all I get is: "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". So I had reverted to using Netscape Navigator, which used to work fine. But, as of last week, I can still get to the Klispch home page in Netscape, but as soon as I click on "Forum" I get some error messages, something to do with Microsoft basic, etc. I can get into the forum just fine from work using MS Internet Explorer.

Do any of you PC Guru's out there have an idea of what muight be wrong? Thanks.

----------------

Franky, I think you are just being too Picky.11.gif

Yuk! Yuk!

Also, Make sure your internet options are set to load a new page from the internet and not load from cache.

I recommend using the Firefox browser from Mozilla.org. It's small, fast, stable, secure, customizable, and fairly standards compliant. In short, everything Internet Exploder isn't.

Even though It's still technically a "technology preview" I use it all the time and have no problems.

m

Similar symptoms to what you describe occurred to me last week. I could log on (dial-up), and immediately get to my homepage (Yahoo mail), but could not go anywhere else, i.e., not here, not to Ebay, and I would eventually get the IE error "the page is not available..." I ran my Ad-Aware anti-adware software, which found and deleted some adware, and the problem cleared up immediately. Maybe there are nasty cookies or even some hijacking going on with your browser. Ad-aware is from LavaSoft, and is a very useful free download.

My computer went down last week....My Doom...hit pretty hard. 1075 virus,s Had to have every thing erased & start over. Had to reregister new Windows XP .....What a mess... Nortin updated.. My Doom Netsky 32 a real killer. Stripped my wallet too.

----------------

On 8/2/2004 1:13:42 PM garymd wrote:

The forum has been working very smoothly for me since the problems were fixed a couple weeks ago. Having comcast doesn't hurt either except it's almost $50/month.----------------

Pacbell DSL for me @ $26.95 a month. I am guaranteed a minimum of 1.5 -3.0 Mbps down and 416-768 Kbps up. The only benefit of being 150 yards from the C.O.