I have another problem... Im getting sick of ebay...

Rdmarsiii

Ooook, I gotta tell the whole story first before I ask what I need to do. As most of you know, I bought a Paradigm PS-1200 off of ebay. I talked to the seller and all that, and he ended it early. I won the auction for $300, which was fine with me at the time. We talked more, and he said he'd be happy with $250, which was all he wanted for the sub. Most of our conversations took place on the phone. So he finally said that he would take $230 for it, so I sent the payment that night. He shipped it out the next day. I told him I felt bad for him selling it $70 under what I won it for. So I told him that I'd pay what he did for shipping, and he said he was just being nice, and all he wanted was $230. So I thought we were all good. He emailed me today, giving me til the 20th to give him another $108. I dont have $108. I thought we were even. He said he found something he wanted to buy. He said its fair on mine and his parts. he ended it early, on a agreed price, which was $230. But now he wants another $108. What do I do? I dont have the $108. I dont think he can give me bad feedbaack for it, since he got what he wanted. I dunno what to do. Suggestions? Thanks, David

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...

You won the auction for $300. You made a deal with the guy and sent him $230. He backed out and said he wants another $108. So the total comes to $338, which is roughly the amount you bid plus shipping. You don't have the $108. So, how were you going to pay in the first place?

FWIW I think the guy should stand by whatever he negotiated with you. But he can definitely give you bad feedback if he likes. eBay won't do a thing about it. Read their policy on what they will and will not do about feedback. Don't sweat it.

That guy is a moron. Unfortunately, it is the morons who can give you the most trouble. One thing you could use against him is that he sent you the subwoofer. If he was not satisfied with the money you sent him, then why would he send you the subwoofer?

Yeah dude, don't give him anymore money. When he shipped out the subwoofer he was accepting the payment you were to give him...which was the final agreement of $230. Now that he needs something does not justify a raise in the agreed to price. He already sent the subwoofer and you already sent the final price... tell him to f off :)

They guy may be many bad things but hat does not change the selling price according to eBay. The best you can do is to pay the selling price and be done with it. I would suggest that you take care if it immediately before "other events" happen that would leave you out your money AND the sub.

Have you got the sub? And did he get the money that was agreed upon and sent? If so all he is doing is blackmailing you into sending more money due to the fact that he can leave you bad feed back for failure to pay the full selling price. I do believe that E Bay states you are not supposed to negotiate with either the seller or buyer to eliminate e bay from the auction. bill

I'm not for sure I'm tracking all the details of the transaction... but base my comments on assumptions:

1: the auction was ended early so you guys have a personal and not an Ebay sanctioned transaction.

2: not sure whether you have the item or not.

If you don't have the item yet, you might have a scammer on your hands. It doesn't pass my smell test at all for an Ebay seller to agree to less than bid price. Also, he knows you have lost your recourse for any Ebay support when you sent him money on the side.

If I already had received an item and the seller was asking for more money after the fact, I wouldn't find myself especially sympathetic.

Hope this works out for you in a satisfactory way.

If you sent money via Paypal, they do offer some support. Once I had a Canadian seller who didn't ship after payment, and I filed a complaint with Paypal. Eventually I got an e-mail from the seller's wife apologizing for the seller and promising shipment and requesting that I'd contact PayPal and ask them to call off the dogs. Whatever they do in terms of followup, it's not pretty for the offending party.

Wait a minute.....There's got to be something missing from this story. Why did the seller lower the price to $250, then to $230 after closing the auction at $300? Did you ask him for a better price after the auction eneded? I get the feeling that the two of you discussed some arrangements and there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the way.

We were talking on the phone, and I was planning on picking it up. He said he had vacation coming up and that itd be another two weeks before I could get it. So we decided that we were going to ship it. (it got some damage in shipping) So I said that I couldnt pay another $50 from it to be shipped from a city about 6 hours south. So he asked how much I had right at the moment. I said I had $230, and my dad would give me the other $70 later in the week (it was wednesday at the time). So he said he'd just take the $230, and call it even. Well that really surprised me. So I sent it that night. I told him the next day that I'd pay for the shipping when I could. He said I didnt have to, but if I wanted to, than I could. Im really confused right now. Does this clear anything up? Thanks, David

If you have the sub already ? i'd tell the guy to go pound sand . This has nothing to do with your e-bay statis if he ended the auction early , that basicly means there was no auction he just sold it to someone so e-bays out of the picture totaly .

As far as e-bay is concerned he withdrew his item , so he can't leave you any feedback .

As far as the guy hounding you for more money after the fact , Well , a deals a deal !! He can't change his mind after you agreed on a price . If thats what he's doing then tell the guy to ____ ____ !!