Khorns forsale in North Carolina $1375

Taylorshop

Quite honestly Mark, if you are nearby and have cash in hand this is what the guy wants. The deal is whoever shows up at his doorstep with cash in hand, a buddy and truck to put them in that is who gets them. They are 1977's KB-WO's and at $1375 a super bargain even if they have a few cosmetic flaws. The guy is nice and very responsive, I would not waste any time though he has 12 interested people and 4 that are trying to make arrangements to have them picked up. If you want them - go quickly my son! Run, run, run before they are gone! Well! what are you waiting for!

In addition there is another pair in NC on eBay, they are the C types (no riser) in Birch and not as nice but they are still a Khorn. They guy listed them as "Klipschorns" and not "Klipschorn" so they won't be visible under a Klipschorn search. They are currently at $1025, in case someone beats you to the door on the others.

I hate to move in on anyone's deal, really. None of this stuff is THAT important to me with the equipment I already have. It's just like I said, not too many deals like this in the south. I appreciate the kindness.9.gif

I emailed the guy, we'll see what happpens. They are not going to last and are probably already gone.

I am going to speak with my BIL tonight and see how quickly he can get there, I can overnight him the $$$ and he can hold onto them for me until I can retrieve them. As I said the guy has a number of interested parties but it is a race to who gets to him first unfortunately as he made that clear to me and I totally understand.

----------------

On 8/10/2004 2:03:27 PM Frzninvt wrote:

I am going to speak with my BIL tonight and see how quickly he can get there, I can overnight him the $$$ and he can hold onto them for me until I can retrieve them. As I said the guy has a number of interested parties but it is a race to who gets to him first unfortunately as he made that clear to me and I totally understand.

----------------

Keep us posted on those K-horns! I hope someone from this forum is able to get them. What a deal!!!

David

Guys,

These speakers may still be available. I have been talking to the seller (just an hour ago) and had an opportunity, but just can't spare the next couple of days out of work. He really wants a quick deal on these.

So if someone can move quickly with cash and get them out of his house in the next day or two, and guarantee that, you might still be able to acquire them.

The seller seems like a really nice person but wants a fast deal. At this point arrangements for payment and later pickup are unacceptable.

These speakers are probably already gone by now. However, the way I left it with the seller was that if they are still available next Wed the 18th, I will go and get them. I will be up in Charlotte to see The Dead, and they are just a short distance from there. So no problem.

I tried everything possible to free up time to go get the horns before then, but it just wasn't in the cards. Too Too busy.

As I mentioned, the seller seems like a nice guy. We talked for quite a while, and I am convinced these are very nice horns with a few minor dings. I believe they have been treated well over their life span from the equipment discussion we had. He was using SET amps. Can't hurt anything with one of them. 2.gif

I would recommend that anyone who can jump on the deal NOW, go ahead and do it. It may already be too late.

I would like to see someone on this forum acquire these because realistically next week is WAY too late. They won't be there. 16.gif

Well folks I bought the Khorns since Mark could not swing it. I figured I would give him the opportunity since he was in driving range and did not have a pair. I was going to blow it off and leave them to someone else but the individual contacted me last night and asked if I still wanted them and that I could pay him and pick them up later so I immediately called my brother in law who in turn said that he could retrieve them for me. He had over 800 hits and 11 proposals fall through, so I jumped on them.

My brother in law will be picking them up for me tomorrow morning and will store them at his home until I figure out what I want to do with them.

Now I need to figure out how to get them up to me, anyone heading to the Northeast anytime soon and want to make some money?

This will also force me to make room for them by parting with both pairs of my vintage vertical Cornwall II's. I am going Khorns in the rear and the Corns are to tall to be perched on top since I don't have the height in my current living room. I am going to buy a pair of Walnut Oil Heresy's to now serve as my rear effects/centers. My Corns will be up for sale as soon as I get the Khorns in my possession. Me and the family may have to do a roadtrip to retrieve them.

4 Khorns with a La Scala center should be killer! With Heresy's filling out the rear. Oh boy, Oh Boy!

9.gif

Charles,

Allright Man, congrats.9.gif9.gif . I'm glad you got them. Grant had offered me the same deal yesterday afternoon, but I was reluctant to buy them sight unseen, just in case. So I passed.

I am pretty sure you got an excellent deal. The seller is a polite patient guy and he gave everyone their fair chance.

Congratulations.

Charles,

As custom dictates, you're supposed to give away Cornwalls when you get Khorns! Oops, sorry: That's only when you get the Khorns for free!

Congratulations on the purchase, and good luck with the transportation issues, as well as with unloading the Cornwalls!!

Charles-

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like you will have quite a system. And the price, while not as good as Gary's freebies, is still damn good. Not sure if you would be able to do a family roadtrip to pick those beasts up, unless you get something big to drive. When I picked up my K-horns, there wasn't room for any passengers in my Explorer; HF cabinet riding shotgun and the two bass bins, other HF cabinet in the back. Any passengers would have had to hang on to the roof rack. If I were still in CT, I'd make the trip down with you; that would be fun!

----------------

On 8/13/2004 11:14:40 AM Frzninvt wrote:

The '77 Khorn's are now in my BIL's possession Woo Hoo! Soon they will be in my living room with me, hopefully in late Sep or early Oct. I can't wait to hear 4 Khorn's with my La Scala center with my HT!

----------------

That should sound AWESOME!

Heh heh heh, you did such a good job of packing the la scalla for me you want to pack up one of theose pairs of Cornwalls, you have my address3.gif3.gif3.gif