best movie for sound

neomartic

Ditto on Finding Nemo (tapping on glass, sub sliding down, etc). Monsters Inc. has quite a bit too (dino crossing street, 2319!!!, the restaurant scene continuing to just before she goes to sleep)...

If you like westerns, try Open Range-the gunfight scene will smack you around and leave you wanting more!!!lol

Master and Commander-I think it's at the very beginning-cannonballs flying, etc.

Hmmm....The voice of the Machine in matrix revolutions is pretty deep as well.

What else..........Oh yeah-the opening scene from Star Wars, Episode II when the ship is coming in for a landing and then explodes.

All good stuff.

Lord of the Rings also has quite a bit, but I'm not familiar enough with it to direct you to the scenes...

David

From the 9 hours of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, my favorite scene for the audio is in the first part, Fellowship of the Ring, when they enter the mines of Moria. Their violent entry and entrapment in the mountain is a good bass-heavy beginning passage, then once inside, you hear the wonderfully reverberant cavernous space. Later, when Pippin accidentally knocks the dwarf skeleton and bucket down the well, they bang around in that huge space, falling deep into the depths of the mines, then you begin to hear the ominous distant booming drumbeat of the orcs preparing to attack. The cave troll's entrance and ensuing battle is thundering, as well as the eventual arrival of the Balrog. That whole incredible sequence is about 20 minutes long.

----------------

On 8/10/2004 12:56:12 PM dougdrake wrote:

U-571. Not only good bass, but also the little creaking/crackling noises in the submarines, so it works both ends of the system!

----------------

Hearing depth charges on the left and right, front and rear, put me in the sub. Sub-marine, that is.

----------------

On 8/10/2004 9:51:11 PM m00n wrote:

I think to this date my all time favorite "Show My System Off" movie is non other than this.

Titan%20AE.jpg

----------------

I've seen this movie listed a number of times for the excellent audio qualities but have never seen it myself. Is the story line as good as the audio?

David

I just watched Nemo the other day and a major bass part was when the Dentist's niece? maybe. well whoever she was... was tapping on the side of the fishtank... i think this is the loudest bass in the whole movie.4.gif sorry i can't point out the chapter as i have forgotten.15.gif

----------------

On 8/11/2004 11:46:46 AM dkp wrote:

----------------

On 8/10/2004 9:51:11 PM m00n wrote:

I think to this date my all time favorite "Show My System Off" movie is non other than this.

Titan%20AE.jpg

----------------

I've seen this movie listed a number of times for the excellent audio qualities but have never seen it myself. Is the story line as good as the audio?

David

----------------

I went ahead and picked this up at Wal-Mart for $5.50. What the heck, if the bass is worth it then a good story line will just be a plus! For $5.50 you almost can't go wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

OHH Sub slide, that must have been what I heard the other day. A client couple came over with their little daughter. Mom brought a mini-DVD player for the kiddo to watch while we viewed photos. I told mom that I had HT right in next room and kiddo was okay to watch on big screen. We slid Nemo in the DVD and went next door to talk.

A bit later I hear this sound like there is an earthquake happening, must have been this scene. Cornwalls and 15 sub are just rocking the house, kid has long since abandoned napping in front of movie and is howling for mommie. Got to get that flick!