Political posts

Frank Speaker

You know, Ive seen something occur on this forum several times.

Somebody gets a new account and sits and waits so a couple weeks later it looks like they arent a troll and then they start posting topics like:

Does biwire work?

Will expensive cable improve the sound?

And then they sit back and watch everybody like its a cockfight.

So be leery of someone like hellofavalve that pops up.

They take advantage of peoples sincerity and passion about a subject.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 9/9/2004 7:44:22 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

Regardless of what The Discovery Channel has to say about it, I know from personal experience that a 10 yr old standing 2 feet away from a fence, peeing on it, not realizing that it's an electric fence, Can and WILL complete the circuit to ground through his pee pee and scream and shout and cry like a little school girl!

----------------

Is this a simple math problem? In other words, knowing a 10-year-old peeing on an electric fence two feet way will get shocked, can we assume a 2-year old peeing 10 feet (I have seen this happen), onto an electric fence, will receive an equal jolt? Or (very personal experience here), a 49-year old, peeing 4.897 inches...

----------------

On 9/9/2004 7:44:22 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

Missed all the political threads, thank goodness, however...

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pee on the electric fence!!!

Regardless of what The Discovery Channel has to say about it, I know from personal experience that a 10 yr old standing 2 feet away from a fence, peeing on it, not realizing that it's an electric fence, Can and WILL complete the circuit to ground through his pee pee and scream and shout and cry like a little school girl!
6.gif14.gif6.gif
----------------

Ouch! That's enough to put a crimp in your style....................let alone your prostate!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

David

----------------

On 9/9/2004 6:15:47 PM neo33 wrote:

It really shown the "decency" level of the liberals!

Webster:

lib·er·al - Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)

adj.

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, dogmas or moral judgement as long as it satisfies one's personal agenda.

----------------

Sure, whatever.

I kept my mouth shut, but this is a hate-radio tactic - obfuscating facts to suit your own purposes...

From Merriam-Webster Online (www.webster.com)

Liberal:

1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts (liberal education) b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth

2 a : marked by generosity : OPENHANDED (a liberal giver) b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way (a liberal meal) c : AMPLE, FULL

3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : LICENTIOUS

4 : not literal or strict : LOOSE (a liberal translation)

5 : BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives

Liberalism:

2 a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties d capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party

Now that we all understand what a liberal is, perhaps we can dispense with these cheap, Limbaugh/Hannity digs involving the word Liberal.

I am a liberal, by definition 6 a of the word.

Lousy, to be honest. Had some nibbles from some local people, but rather than let me give them a presentation, they triddled off to Crutchfield or Best Buy, got a price, brought it back to me and expected me to beat it as if I were some sort of bargain outlet...

Until I can get the financing for the showroom, I'm resigning myself to the idea that I'm just not going to get much going. It's hard when you don't have a tangible product to present.

Hello:

This is the only time I have read this, and only page 3.

But, I am a liberal. I help my fellow human being. I fit 1, 2, 5, 6a of the definition as noted by Griffinator.

Yes, I would like to be rich. Yes I give to charities. Yes, I have a belief in a higher Almighty.

Yes, when I have given something away, I have received something or service for such some of the time. Yes I have been told that the value of what I have given to a person did not equal the amount that normally would have been charged and lost a friendship. Yes, I have later found that the value of what I had given, when sold on auction, brought many times what I was told the services were worth. NO I did not receive any apology or whatever.

But politics stir people to want to sway people one way or the other. Why else blatantly put it forth on an Audio Forum. Unless you are related to the candidate. I make exception for that.

But if we Liberals are so bad, then why didn't we win in Viet Nam, Korea? Liberals were around then. Right Wing also.

Using either term to describe your whole self and your whole belief is really a joke. I know "right wingers who believe in the death sentence, UNLESS they had to turn the keys and push the switches. If they had to do it themselves it would be murder.

But do we need more involvement in the whole process? Yes Do we need to examine more than one side of an issue? Yes Can we truly believe that budget cuts were a major cause of 9/11? Are we truly funding the Homeland Security Act as money does sit awaiting disbursement?

Lastly as one who is within 3 weeks of turning 52, does what happened then and the harping by both sides tell us what they will really do today. And I call no fair to Anybody saying Bush is/maybe/is not telling the truth. There are some things even a candidate can be proud, confused or embarassed about revealing. Yes, Kerry has his Purple Hearyts, I call no fair to questioning that either. Then you will have to question every person that received one. I am not going to question ANYONE who in any way, 1 day 10 years, helped to defend our Country 32 to 36 years ago.

I want to know what the candidate will do if elected, and eliminate the trash talk.

So, I am a Liberal who believes in the United states of America and the Citizens who are here and also those who gacve the Ultimate Sacrifice - that includes Police, Fire-Fighters, Emergency Medical Personnel. That includes all mentioned who are serving or have retired. I say thank you for my right to be a Liberal.

dodger

Hello:

I forgot to answer the main question.

Do I believe Political Posts belong in an Audio Forum.

NO. They do not promote an open feeling for all that may wish to post regarding Audio for fear that their Posts or the timing of their Posts may be construed as leaning one way or the other.

The only positive that I see in Political Posts on an Audio Forum would be a hope for more, no matter the Political belief, participation in the actual Election. I also call no fair to the Electoral College Debacle.

Let's keep it to our half normal rants and raves with Audio being the majority of the Posting.

(Formica: No I have not forgotten you. Hopefully, someday you will wind up with six (6.) But we'll go for eight (8.)

dodger