I'm bored

easylistener

----------------

On 9/27/2004 3:27:54 PM easylistener wrote:

Can't hunt any more because of my shoulder.

Don't have any money to buy new speakers.

----------------

Can you hold these antlers and run? That'll liven things up for you (at least for a short while), and you won't be bored.

DM2.gif

I have been diagnost with a joint condition. All my joints are very loose and dislocate all the time. Atleast once a day I dislocate something. So I am back in school to get a desk job. My son is in kindgarden now, so that is why I don't have any money.

I had all kinds of toys but am unable to play with them anymore. So that is why I am bored.

The highlight of my day is when my son comes home and I can help him with some of his homework. Then he goes out and play and I watch.

So I am bored

Be careful. Kids can grow up so fast some men turn around and realized they missed it. Take in as much as you can.

It can also be alot of fun to read, beyond what you are studying for school. I absolutely love Tom Clancy, Michael Crighton, and that Mississippi lawyer...what's his name. Books are free at the library and cheap if you buy used on Amazon.

BTW, sorry to hear about your joint condition. This is a huge deal to be going through, and readjusting your work and retraining for it. This is a life defining season in your life. That is a loss to come to terms with and grief is not fun. FWIW, You have got support and caring here. Don't know how comforting it is to have support and caring from a bunch of audio geeks and nerds, but on a good day the forum does o.k.

Do you have a hobby? If not, and you want to satisfy your hi-fi urge for next to no money, start trolling the second hand shops. You might find a nice old piece of hi-fi history that you could clean up. Perhaps set a goal. Assemble a hi-fi system for as little money as possible. Then when you're finished, sell it for as much money as possible, and reap the rewards...

My new hobby is stained glass. hehe, kind of mind numbing, but I can usually get all of my money back at craft fairs. I started it because I wanted a window in the house done in stained glass. Went to a shop to inquire about the price, choked and asked about lessons. The shop will be better off. I am up to my 5th transome window and about to do a 46 inch square bathroom window.

The highlight of my day is when my son comes home and I can help him with some of his homework. Then he goes out and play and I watch.

So I am bored

----------------

Dang, homework in Kindergarten, that's rough! What do they call this joint condtion where everything dislocates? Sounds terrible. How about some simple weight lifting to strengthen things up?