Beat up K-horns

phatbass

I'd go for it, if they were cheap enough. Looks like they spent a lot of time on their bellies. Components might be salvageable, and the front panel is a big flat piece of plywood. A good repair challenge, but that's opinion.

They look to be '77's. See the "R" in the stamped serial number? These have the potential to be a "piece of cake" veneer repair (although you never know). What appears awful could, in fact, indicate a lot of the work is already done! The veneer is peeling off the front. Finish its removal, and you're left with the lumber core (probably solid poplar), which you'd have to repair and make flat in preparation for a re-veneer. The question is: How is the veneer on the inside of that panel. If that were damaged, you'd have to replace the whole panel, which could be a big problem, depending on how it's constructed (access to connectors, i.e. nails and screws being potental snags). The visible damage makes me think it's been sitting face-down on that panel on something damp, as opposed to being upright in a flood. I'd still jump at $200, and would try and get a look (or help looking, from a local forum member) before bidding.

Note: One tailboard is missing, as are all the side grills. The seller probably picked them up at a garage sale or something. Also, there is a reserve, so who knows. Interested bidders should ask a TON of questions...