The "Alamo" a nice watch

Frzninvt

I watched this the other night, loved the intensity of the cannon fire. It felt real! Loved the part when (Billy Bob) Davy Crockett popped off a shot and hit Santa Anna right below the epaulet on his uniform when he was nagging his troops to move the cannon's closer. They picked a good guy for that role he has a face that just makes you want to hate him!

Overall a good watch bullets and cannon fire put you in the thick of things. I never realized that the Mexican troops milled around for a few days before actually starting the attack. I also did not realize that Bowie (spelling?) was ill at the time.

Great movie!

Hollywood did it right this time. One of the most historically accurate films that I have ever seen - EVER! The director took a few minor artistic licenses in telling the story, but overall I was very impressed.

For those that are a history buff like me, play the movie a second time with commentaries on. Very interesting. I ended up appreciating the movie even more afterwards.

I'm surprised it didn't do better at the box office. What a shame.

• 3 months later...

Watched the alamo this past Saturday....great movie.....

well acted....good script....good action sequences....

All around enjoyable if you like this era of history for your movies....

the ending kinda came quick in the last battle...heck they say it lasted 18 mins in history so why make it last 18 seconds in the movie....

oh well...I will watch this again....

I also really liked the movie. I was wondering if it was historically accurate, sounds like it was? I also didn't know the Mexican troops hung around for a while before attacking, or that Bowie was ill. Made me want to learn more about this historic event. (I lived in Texas for about 10 years as a kid, and in Texas they have you take 'Texas History' in school, but I didn't know that much about it.) The movie does assume you know the story already, because they really don't give you much backround. I agree with the fellow above, good casting for the Santa Ana role, I love the look he gives his officer when the officer is talking about the legend of Davy Crockett. Priceless.

• 1 month later...

Just screened this last night and wanted to comment on how good I thought this movie was. We found it used for $10 and I wasnt dissapointed. Nice to hear it was accurate as well.

Final battle lasted 18 minutes in real life....thats just amazing.