Anyone Have Day After Tomorrow On DVD?

Rick

Awful movie with cheese cgi, absurd lapses in logic but decent dts sound with pretty good lfe. Why in the hell didn't these kid "geniuses" burn the HUNDREDS of hardwood chairs in the library before all of the books? And they just had a priceless Gutenberg Bible sitting on their rare book shelf???!!! I got really frustrated with this mess of a movie. If you don't like to think then this is the movie for you.

I watched this movie on DVD last night. It had only just been released at my video store. The special effects were very good. So too was the sound in my all two channel Klipschorn system. I never had a problem with the picture quality. I thought it was excellent via my projector onto my 100 inch screen.

The acting was okay with Dennis Quaid solid in the lead role. Good supporting actors. The story was predictable with a few holes, but this didn't detract from my enjoyment. The movie followed the traditional disaster movie format, championed by other disaster movie greats like 'The Towering Inferno' etc. Well worth watching and not too disturbing for children over say 12 to 13 years of age.

i am sooo with you moon, it is so much fun to sit and get lost in the story, the graphics, the sound, the fantasy, i would hate to think of what it would be like to anaylize everything to the point of eliminating the enjoyment out of a thing, oh yeah, great movie, great sound12.gif

The Cheney character was laughable. Talk about propoganda! I've seen many movies where the logic doesn't flow but this one took the cake. It was just too absurd. I still enjoyed it and the effects and soundtrack were very good. When a guy almost cuts his hand off holding on to a glass ceiling you sort of expect it to need bandages!LOL

I just finished watching it, and I was entertained....

But the funny thing about this movie, unlike similar movies of this genre that have come out over the years.....Is that no one fixed the problem! It just kinda went away. No one discharged a warhead, the earth wasn't re-aligned on it's axis, the problem just moved on...

Strange, but I like some of the bogus solutions to bogus problems.

My birthday is coming up in a couple of days. We had friends over for dinner last night and they gave me a gift; A DVD of 'The Day After Tomorrow'. "How nice", I'd thought, because I had heard the effects were supposed to be pretty good.

So, after dinner we all went downstairs to the theater and I put the movie into the DVD player so we could watch it.

Now, I am NOT making this up, I promise!....

15 minutes into the movie, my buddy, who gave the movie to me for my birthday said, "Is it just me, or does everyone else think that this movie REALLY SUCKS?" I looked at him, and because it was a gift, all I said was that it was a bit far-fetched and over the top, but the effects and sound were pretty good and that so far it was okay. We watched the rest of the movie amid groans and laughs at times from just about everyone. I stayed silent so as not to offend.

When the lights came up as the movie ended, my buddy turned to me and said, "Would you ever watch this movie again?" "No", I said. He laughed and said, "I thought so! Me neither!" He then ripped the DVD box from my hands and told me he was taking his gift to me back and was going to go buy me a REAL movie! What can I say? I was stunned.

His wife said she'd watch it again and my wife looked at me and just laughed. So they are keeping it for his wife and he's gonna bring me a different movie he thinks we'll all like better next week. Now, THAT'S what I call "A TRUE FRIEND!" 2.gif

The effects were kinda cheesey and the story line was very devicive and full of holes, but I thought the sound was very good. It gave the sub a nice workout and that's always fun!

Guest Anonymous

Its's fiction, I tought it was a fun movie, I watcehed it twice, enjoyed it, and returned it to blockbuster2.gif I meen, really, how many movies are REALLY worth buying and watching over and over6.gif2.gif3.gif10.gif

The media has spoken! It is the number 1 dvd! I haven't seen it yet. But man they sure can sell you the cool parts. I dig all kinds of movies. I would watch this one no doubt. I love renting movies then I am never disapointed I lost 20 bucks. Some movies are just super fun. Man I really mis the old B movies. They were my favorites at one time. Some of those old b horror/ scifi flicks. None of that c crap now I said b.1.gif

Allow me to clarify: I think this would make an outstanding theater demo movie as the sound is spectacular.

I realize the movie is fictional, but there is both good fiction and bad. This came off like a bad 'Star Trek' movie (assuming there are good ones). I could almost hear "Scotty" shouting "Captain! The temperature is dropping 30 degrees a second and I canno-hold her much longer!" {**groan**}

Obviously, I am able to enjoy movies on various levels and I don't require a movie to be an "A" movie to give it my "seal of approval". This one is simply poorly written, in my humble opinion.

----------------

On 10/25/2004 12:53:02 PM gcoker wrote:

I would rather watch Day after tomarrow again then sit

through "Shall we Dance" at the theater again. (Yes I know

but my wife pressued me.)

-----------------

You poor, poor man! I feel your pain! 9.gif9.gif

BTW: The friend who gave me this movie and then took it back (that I mentioned in my post above ^ ) called me yesterday. He bought me a copy of the 'Tombstone' Director's cut. I love westerns and that's a good one. That was nice of him.