Wonder what the WAF on these would be?

Frzninvt

----------------

On 10/14/2004 1:11:50 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Comparing them to a pair of bookshelf speakers is a great selling point.
6.gif
I can't imagine even my closest friends understanding why I would have a pair of those.

----------------

OH come on that guy is so not married divorced maybe.

If I had a couple hundred-thousand per year to spend on audio, I'd probably own a pair or two of those. Also would have some Avante-Garde stuff...

But... I don't have that kind of money... yet... Maybe I never will. Who knows. I am trying, though, and I suppose I have a while to go.

I kinda like them personally... I like big horns like that. My dream is to have a home theater (like REAL theater) based on the Klipsch MCM-Grands. Three across the front with two KPT-684's... seating capacity for a hundred or so... hehe

Probably not much better than these monsters

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/Denver/denver_9.html

The top couple of pictures, not great quality, of the Cogent loudspeakers. Reg Body (Sprocket) and I went to the Denver AudioFest last weekend and we did a quick listen to these. Not all that impressive. The big thing in the back is supposedly the sub. Up close, you could see the screw pattern and make out the folds in that horn as well.

So how do I do the HTML to make this a clickable link?

jhawk - the code is < a href="link.htm" >your pics< /a >

without the spaces....

PS: No, those definitely have a better WAF factor than the ones in the original post. I wouldn't even stand to have those ugly monstrosities in my living room. The setup you show, I could tolerate, if they had a sound that was truly mindblowing.

Yes, thanks Max, I got it. I fixed it. It's getting late for me. I was just staring at your post trying to figure out what you meant! 6.gif

But Avantgarde make some nice stuff, I particularly like the Duo. This speaker offers near Klipschorn sound quality with the ability to fit into any room. The only bad part is that in Australia the Duo cost's nearly $10,000 more than the Khorn's!