Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 10/15/2004 6:03:43 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

As an SvS owner, I used to think stop your damn whining its a forum.

But I can't imagine how tough it is for a company to host a site and provide free advertisement for another company.

Klipsch has been very patient and forgiving on this matter.

I wonder how much an RSW15 would cost if Klipsch sold it direct adn cut out the price gouging brick and motars

----------------

Well I knew something was up when the SVS on ebay thread went "poof".

I can understand Klipsch being upset with all of the free SVS advertising also and appreciate their patience.

Let me say the RSW-15 is hands down the subwoofer I really want. The problem for me is the $1800 price and the dearth of local Klipsch dealers who handle the Reference line. I expect a dealer to make me a decent deal on something so expensive or I won't buy it.

Question: When Klipsch pulled the Reference line out of Sound Advice here in Florida, who were they planning on entering into an agreement with to pick up the line?

So I was gonna settle for the PC-Ultra at about $1200. No dealer gouging.

But I rechecked the Klipsch dealer search engine and have now found a place in Tampa, The Speaker Exchange, and I will see if they will offer a fair price. If so, I will be the proud owner of a Maple RSW-15. The subwoofer of my dreams.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 5:09:21 PM SteelerFan wrote:

----------------

On 10/15/2004 6:03:43 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

As an SvS owner, I used to think stop your damn whining its a forum.

But I can't imagine how tough it is for a company to host a site and provide free advertisement for another company.

Klipsch has been very patient and forgiving on this matter.

I wonder how much an RSW15 would cost if Klipsch sold it direct adn cut out the price gouging brick and motars

----------------

Well I knew something was up when the SVS on ebay thread went "poof".

I can understand Klipsch being upset with all of the free SVS advertising also and appreciate their patience.

Let me say the RSW-15 is hands down the subwoofer I really want. The problem for me is the $1800 price and the dearth of local Klipsch dealers who handle the Reference line. I expect a dealer to make me a decent deal on something so expensive or I won't buy it.

Question: When Klipsch pulled the Reference line out of Sound Advice here in Florida, who were they planning on entering into an agreement with to pick up the line?

So I was gonna settle for the PC-Ultra at about $1200. No dealer gouging.

But I rechecked the Klipsch dealer search engine and have now found a place in Tampa, The Speaker Exchange, and I will see if they will offer a fair price. If so, I will be the proud owner of a Maple RSW-15. The subwoofer of my dreams.

----------------

I found a place that will sell a rsw15 for i believe 1200 or 1400 i forgot, and you can bargain what i been told by a good saleman about 9% off more.... though that will only cover the tax in manhattan..... btw the place is j and r www.jr.com, though they only show the msrp price on the website but they have much much cheaper in store prices

----------------

my wife talked the local goodguys down to $1500 out the door brand new for my first rsw15 (birthday present)...and i bought my second one for $1250 out the door....i saw a guy returning it so i went back the next day and bought it opened box...same sales person...same store...

----------------

On 10/15/2004 11:01:55 AM sunnysal wrote:

I think that Klipsch should look to the forums as an excellent source of marketplace feedback, if they take the time to they can see here dicussions that reveal our opinions about what amps and source equipment works best with their speakers, what we like and don't about our beloved Klipsch products.

This means they have to expect to take the good with the bad. If other manufacturer's subs are disucssed more often here then Klipsch's own sub offerings this may be an indication that they need to attend to this area of their business.

Looked at in this way, the forum can be a valuable source of market information and product line feedback, there is a lot of chaff and noise in the raw information but if Klipsch takes the time to analyze the interhcanges here they can come away with very useful input about how to improve thier product line and marketing efforts.

For my Heritage-based system and room I need to look elsewhere for subs that meet my needs, sharing my thoughts about REL, Velodyne, etc. seems like a logical extension of the forum concept, to tamper with our ability to share our thoughts and experiences seems to me to be an error.

Klipsch should value to information they see posted here every day. Trey, tell the marketing guys to read the forums and see it as market feedback, see it as information, not just look to remove bad reviews or mentions of other brands.

warm regards from a Klipsch lover,

Tony

----------------

Good post,yes Klipsch should read some posts and get some clues as to what the customer likes and dislikes about Klipsch products and the competition to ADAPTE better.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 1:38:18 AM jdm56 wrote:

Maybe the moderators should check everyday for any comments that are unfavorable to klipsch, and delete them.

----------------

That is how SVS behaves over at Home Theater Spot. If conversation starts about another brand the thead is locked by a very Pro-SVS moderator. If something not too complimentary is said about SVS then the thread is deleated, but only after the critics manhood is questioned online by one moderator and another posts personal attacks and sends hate mail PMs. I know this to be true because it has happened to me, and is a large reason I rarely go there anymore. Why does this happen?...easy, SVS is ONE of the sponsors of that site. Well, gentlemen, here Klipsch is the ONE and ONLY sponsor of this site, and I for one believe they deserve the respect of not having this site turn into free advertising for another brand! I do believe in freedom of speech, but when things get as out of balance as they have here SOMEBODY needs to bring it back into balance.

YESSSSS..finally someone with balls, BRAVO KLIPSCH..10.gif

To ALL svs fans, bring it up with svs, this is a KLIPSCH website, and your submaker should have THEIR OWN website with a forum, they make enough money($$$$$$), why is KLIPSCH providing it for them, and TOMV has the balls to come on here and ACT as a MODERATOR, only one I know of appointed by KLIPSCH is STEVE P....2.gif

I have nothing against posts from people and their equipment, part of it, but when you literally rule a websites forum with someone elses product, time for a wake up call...BRAVO KLIPSCH, about friggin time....10.gif

----------------

On 10/15/2004 10:15:33 AM Istari wrote:

The Klipsch Heritage Center is a Belle Klipsch ideally, or a La Scalla for a bit closer sounding (but not looking) match.

----------------

Or one or two Heresy's if you're looking for something even smaller.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 10:58:33 PM boomer9911 wrote:

YESSSSS..finally someone with balls, BRAVO KLIPSCH..
10.gif

To ALL svs fans, bring it up with svs, this is a KLIPSCH website, and your submaker should have THEIR OWN website with a forum, they make enough money($$$$$$), why is KLIPSCH providing it for them, and TOMV has the balls to come on here and ACT as a MODERATOR, only one I know of appointed by KLIPSCH is STEVE P....
2.gif

I have nothing against posts from people and their equipment, part of it, but when you literally rule a websites forum with someone elses product, time for a wake up call...BRAVO KLIPSCH, about friggin time....
10.gif

----------------

Yes, thanks, but if you think about it, most (if not all) of us are Klipsch owners. Furthermore, you may notice that almost no other main speaker brands are ever discussed. If Klipsch had a ~$2000 SVS Competitor, I would imagine there would be less talk of SVS. I would more than prefer to have a monster Klipsch sub to match my CIIs, but alas, barring the THX monsters, it doesn't exist. The best way for Klipsch to address the forum issue is to rectify the product issue.

and as a fellow Heritage owner and "our" disappointment in a lack of a "true" centre and subwoofer to match our Heritage line, your point is...10.gif

Would rather take a 18" Velodyne over a tube in svs anyday...2.gif

then again, don't have my Heritage match, time for Klipsch to get the Engineers together and come up with a TRUE Heritage centre and subwoofer, would be KILLER..10.gif

"What's next, only Aragon products can be discussed?"

If Klipsch were the only brand discussed in the Powered Sub category, it would look just like the Aragon section of the forum... VACANT!

Do you want honesty, do you want truth? Obviously not. Here is a big company, with SOME awsome products, and not a clue how to market them. Why do I bother coming here, because of my loyalty to the Klipsch Heritage line. Although technically still in production, the powers that be, do not beleive in them, or their future. Try to find new ones in any store. How long does it take to get one? Add to this the unending drivel about why the home version of the Jubilee cannot be produced or marketed. What nonsense! Ask yourself why Klipsch inspires such loyalty in Heritage owners? Forget it, let me tell you. You have to fight to keep them! You constantly hear statements like; "They're too big", "They're not very pretty", "You don't need speakers that big", "You don't need speakers that loud", "They don't fit the decor", "They dominate the room". You have to love the sound and be prepared to fight to keep them. When you fight battles for something, you develop strong loyalties. Who cares about a Quintet? I have four of them for my computer, but do you think I'm going to jump on a forum to talk about them? I don't think so! Its many of these staunch Heritage owners who steer their friends to the new Klipsch lines, but do you think we will give up our Heritage for the Reference line? Nope, not gonna do it! Now dangle a Jubilee in front of us, and we'll start watering at the mouth.

Look at the RSW-15, with its $1,800 MRSP. According to one post, the guy needed THREE of these to satisfy his Bass needs, THREE! Does that make him loyal, or just nuts, to spend that much money to insure his bass was Klipsch powered. He deserves an award. Especially considering he must have spent more than $4,000! He could have had more, for less. I would love to talk Klipsch in the powered sub section... but first, your going to have to give me something to talk about. (Sorry, but you've struck a nerve)

DW, I respect what you say, but your missing the point, this is a KLIPSCH forum, NOT a svs forum, over the last several months, hell if not a year plus, svs and it's owners have "ruled" the Klipsch subwoofer forum..why..

I sat here one day and saw a whole column dedicated to svs, no mention of Klipsch or any other product...14 articles...all svs...then take it somewhere else, period, not here...10.gif

whats wrong with that picture, wellllllll you and your buddies of svs have no where to go....obviously the "owners" are to cheap to have their own forum\bulletin board on their website, check it out, not hard to find, it's apparent..why you here..10.gif

to add, no I am NOT against Klipsch\svs owners, it seems to have gone beyond that IMO 10.gif

" I sat here one day and saw a whole column dedicated to svs, no mention of Klipsch or any other product...14 articles...all svs..." - Boomer9911

I can understand the frustration by Trey. But sadly, it proves my point. Generally, most of those people talking SVS (including myself), have five or more Klipsch speakers surrounding their sub. Since I first heard a La Scala, and bought my Chorus IIs in 1995, I have been a fan. Klipsch has the market share of my speakers, just not my sub. Obviously Klipsch has some work to do to correct that. Saying "Only talk Klipsch", won't change the facts. If you took away all the SVS threads, Powered Subwoofers would be somewhat dormant. Why is there all this excitment surrounding SVS Subwoofers? Nine out of Ten Klipsch fans would prefer buying a Klipsch Subwoofer, if many don't, there must be a valid reason. Klipsch has a unique sound, it's no wonder why we all come here to discuss subwoofer options, we trust the ears (no pun intended) of our other Klipsch fans here. If we find something we like, we want to share it with them. This isn't the Hoover era, there is no hidden agenda.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 11:30:58 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 10/15/2004 10:15:33 AM Istari wrote:

The Klipsch Heritage Center is a Belle Klipsch ideally, or a La Scalla for a bit closer sounding (but not looking) match.

----------------

Or one or two Heresy's if you're looking for something even smaller.

----------------

There's no way I'm putting a La Scala over my 52" TV. That would look silly. Even a pair of Heresy's will look silly when I eventually gather the funds and find some close to me (next to impossible in this part of Canada).

"There's no way I'm putting a La Scala over my 52" TV."

I have an inverted Belle over my 61" RPTV. Once you here a La Scala or Belle at center, you can't go back. I am drawing up plans to build a custom entertainment center, which will make it look very nice. Thankfully I had procrastinated building the first one, a job change moved me to a new home in another state.

----------------

On 10/16/2004 12:51:38 AM boomer9911 wrote:

whats wrong with that picture, wellllll you and your buddies of svs have no where to go....obviously the "owners" are to cheap to have their own forumulletin board, it's apparent..why you here..
10.gif

----------------

www.hometheaterforum.com

SVS official sponsered forum

In a related thread I expressed the opinion that Klipsch should not ban reference to other makers' speakers. That said, Klipsch as the providers of this forum have every right to set out rules and guidelines as they see fit.

I will observe the limits imposed by my host.

The member that made the "Sig Heil, mein Furher!" comment has threatened to quit the forum. Frankly that would be no loss. You are way out of line fella and owe Trey an apology.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 9:46:51 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

----------------

On 10/15/2004 1:38:18 AM jdm56 wrote:

Maybe the moderators should check everyday for any comments that are unfavorable to klipsch, and delete them.

----------------

That is how SVS behaves over at Home Theater Spot. If conversation starts about another brand the thead is locked by a very Pro-SVS moderator. If something not too complimentary is said about SVS then the thread is deleated, but only after the critics manhood is questioned online by one moderator and another posts personal attacks and sends hate mail PMs. I know this to be true because it has happened to me, and is a large reason I rarely go there anymore. Why does this happen?...easy, SVS is ONE of the sponsors of that site. Well, gentlemen, here Klipsch is the ONE and ONLY sponsor of this site, and I for one believe they deserve the respect of not having this site turn into free advertising for another brand! I do believe in freedom of speech, but when things get as out of balance as they have here SOMEBODY needs to bring it back into balance.

----------------

Can you provide an example, another member nightrain on avs forum said the same thing...

----------------

On 10/15/2004 5:18:43 PM Jay481985 wrote:

I found a place that will sell a rsw15 for i believe 1200 or 1400 i forgot, and you can bargain what i been told by a good saleman about 9% off more.... though that will only cover the tax in manhattan..... btw the place is j and r www.jr.com, though they only show the msrp price on the website but they have much much cheaper in store prices

----------------

Yes but I'm here in Florida.

Klipsch pulled out of Sound Advice/Tweeter where I got my my RF-7's, RC-7 and RS-7's for $2800+tax. A pretty good deal, a fair deal for both sides. They made a profit and I got the speakers I wanted and no one got gouged.

But Klipsch pulled out before I had a chance to save up for the RSW-15. Unlike some others on here I had to save awhile to get the Reference 7 speakers. So now BB carries the Synergy line. Nice speakers but pardon me if I say "big whoop".

I could easily find the RSW-15 for around $1200 on the net from an unauthorized dealer. But like I said before, I have to work hard, like everyone else on this forum, but maybe have to save awhile longer than some to be able to afford the RSW, so unauthorized over the net is a little too risky for me.

I'd just like to walk into a local authorized dealer and make a deal for one for around $1400-$1500. $300-$400 with tax over my budget but I'd break it for the RSW-15. Am I asking too much?

----------------

On 10/14/2004 7:05:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I for one would like to see members here talk about KIipsch. After all this is a Klipsch Forum!

If you want to talk about other products you may get more info from that products website/forum.
----------------

Trey-

Why not replace the 2004 Pilgrimage forum with something like "Loudspeaker Engineering Topics".

The real wonks on the board can then have a technical love-fest and discuss hot topics

like radiation resistance, Bl-products, acoustic mass and electromagnetic transduction!!!

(actually I'm already a bit aroused).

Food for thought.

jw