RRRGH!!! RSW-15 just up and quits 2nd Sub to go out

bchild311

Good one Colter ...

Got another phone call from Gerry at UE this evening. He left a voicemail for me. Basically said some more weird stuff that doesn't seem to gel. He said that there were only demo models available right away and that to get me a brand new one they had a shipment scheduled to come in on the 22nd to their CO warehouse. Then it will take another week or so to get one to the Utah store so end of Feb.

Question: if UE was keeping their word about ACTUALLY getting me a subwoofer, it should have been here weeks ago. So why should I trust anything I hear from them now?? 14.gif14.gif

Here is two quotes from Amy from my thread about waiting on warranty parts.

" if for instance the dealer told him too bad, that would have been a case where we would intervene"

" We do intervene when it is necessary"

These were replys to my complaint about waiting on parts for my sub (RSW 12) for 2 months. My dealer gave me a new sub on his own.

Amy I think it is beyond time to intervene on the part of bchild311.

----------------

On 2/9/2005 9:47:24 PM bchild311 wrote:

I hear SVS has amazing customer service ...

----------------

For example, I ordered a sub from SVS. When I took delivery, the box looked perfect but after opening it it appears that the sub was dropped (UPS) and the base plate was cracked as was the driver plate. By the way, I bought a B-stock sub. I e-mailed SVS and got a response in less than 5 minutes. A NEW (not b-stock as I had originally purchased) unit was shipped out the next business day with an apology for my inconvenience, and a free hat! They did not charge freight for the return sub nor did they charge me the difference between the B-stock unit and the new one. I did not have to jump through hoops, didn't have to contact the carrier, didn't file a transportation claim, take pictures, ets, etc. All the stories you hear about their awesome customer service (yes, they break too) are true, as well as the quality of their subs. No, I don't work for them, but I have no problem tooting their horn.

CECAA850,

Awesome info. See I told you SVS knew what's up! I'm going to contact Mr. Gerry Demple tomorrow to see about a complete refund for this completely ridiculous situation.

Customer Service is obviously not in Klipsch's or Ultimate Electronics' vocab. I would think if UE really backed their customer care policy they would have overnighted me a sub to my door.

At least CECAA850 got a free hat!!! What the hell????!!!@&^%!&@!!! 11.gif11.gif11.gif

I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a couple weeks and following the progress of it.

Personally I would NOT settle for anything that UE or Klipsch tells you and ask for an IMMEDIATE refund. Even if they tell you that they can have one to you by this time next week, don't accept it. They have had more than their chance to make things right and they are dragging their feet to say the least. I am a Klipsch fan, but sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.

Buy the SVS; you will be much happier with it and their customer service.

EDITED BY REQUEST:

Quoting of ColterPhoto1s Post prior to his editing was changed by me without notation or his permission.

I apologize to ColterPhoto1 for doing so and at his request, the entire quote has been deleted along with my response.

Replaced as follows:

This does seem to be a long time.

dodger END EDIT

----------------

On 2/9/2005 10:03:24 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Well, I FOR ONE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KLIPSCH SUB after hearing about these problems.

----------------

Type "RSW-15" into the search engine at the top right corner of the forum page and press "search"... You'll get pages of RSW-15 related threads. A surprisingly high percentage of those posts are owners of these subs with problems. In fact, 7 out of the most recent 10-11 threads deal with problem RSW-15. For a 'high end' piece of audio equipment, it's a surprising number of problems. What's happened to Klipsch's quality? Now, before anyone claims that this is an invalid criticism due to 'front loading', or that all forum members do is complain, complete a similar search for "Aragon", and you'll see a relative paucity of complaints.

I think they need to apply "Six Sigma" to their subwoofer department.

I honestly wanted an all "Klipsch" system, I sold a real nice JBL B-380 15" passive subwoofer and the matching BX-63A crossover to get enough money together to purchase a Klipsch subwoofer.

I saved my money and bought KSW-15 which was the best model available at the time. The sub retailed for $750-$1000, I bought it from an authorized dealer in my general area. Within a short period of time the port fell out, I had to silicone it back into place. The trim ring fell off the woofer a little later, the sub would shut itself off during a movie after a few minutes of inactivity. It required a strong signal to just get it to turn on, I did not want to leave in "ON" all the time. I honestly felt cheated after what I paid for the thing. I had an opportunity to purchase an older used Velodyne F-1500R, I put it in place of the KSW-15 and was totally blown away at the difference. I wiped down the KSW-15, took some photos, put it back in the original box and eBay'ed it and never looked back. I loved the Velo so much that I purchased a second identical model. I only payed $450 apiece for the used Velo Servo 15's.

You would think after the KSW-15 and LF-10 that more committment would be made to quality/quality assurance but apparently there are still some gaps in the system. Which is truly a shame, I would love to have dual Klipsch subs but after reading all this negative press I can assure you it is not going to happen. No wonder moderators get upset when there is nothing but accolades for SVS on your own subwoofer portion of the forum. Time to tighten the fist and put the hammer down on QC folks. Maybe you could learn a few things about customer satisfaction from them.

I would have been flipping out by now I think Bchild has exercised alot of restraint considering the predicament that he has been placed in. I would have thrown the sub through their front window by now and called the cops on myself and notify the local media at the same time.

I hope you get your money back! 7.gif

On the flip side of that I have had fantastic support from the Klipsch Techs (The Steve's) and Parts Department folks. Everytime that I have called with questions or looking for information they have delivered 10 out of 10. Kudos to those folks!

I am starting to believe that their is a disconnect between the "KLIPSCH MODERATORS" and anyone at Klipsch that is in a position to "ACT" or make "DECISIONS." Klipsch is "brick and mortar" and has not adapted to the same level of customer care that an SVS, HSU, AXIOM, ONIX, ASCEND....internet only company has achieved. To make matters worse....none of their SUB offerings can even hope to approach the performance of an SVS PB12-Plus/2.

(http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb12_plus_2.htm).

This whole fiasco is making the harsh criticisms over at audioholics ring true!!!!!

Check this out:

http://www.audioholics.com/FAQs/aragon.html

I think I may hold off on the Ref. 7/Aragon purchase for a while and see if things work out like they should...would not want to get stuck with $7000.00+ product and "questionable" customer support! 15.gif15.gif

• Moderators

We have intervened in this situation.

It is very unfortunate, and we're working to resolve this as quickly as we can.

We were under the impression a long time ago that this was taken care of, but recently found out that obviously this is not the case.

We are working with Ultimate very closely to see that it is resolved.

All I can say to this entire thread is wow....15.gif

I certainly hope things work out for you bchild311. Sadly, even if you did get a brand new sub or a full refund, it does nothing for the bad taste left in your mouth.8.gif

Not to detract from the this thread's tone, but very early on, Frzn posted how he would have used the sub as a soap box. Several years ago, my Dad did a similar thing in a car dealership after he got tired of the run-a-round. It was my parents first brand new car (loaded out Olds 98. Remember those boats?) and from the get go he had a tire vibration issue that the dealer swore they could not solve/duplicate and then went so far as to accuse him of being "too sensitive" or imagining it. Dad finally had enough and on my advice decided to replace the tires with Michelins (which by the way were smooth and very quiet). The tire store showed my Dad the problem with the original tires - they were factory blems. My Dad puts one of the blems in the trunk, drives back to the Olds/Cadallac dealership, walks into the showroom, throws the blem tire out in the middle of the showroom floor, and very loudly asks, "If anyone here would like to know about this tire and the kind of dealership you're about to buy a car from, I'd be happy to talk to you!"

He got a free set of Michelins.1.gif

Tom