The spectacular hersey's arrived

scott0527

First off, they are in perfect cosmetic shape. Beautiful, even the original boxes are nice.

Couple of interesting things I noticed inside. Taking the back off, no seal nor any sign of there ever being one. Maybe that's the way they made them in 71.

Also note it's a Type C network, but the 1.0 cap was changed to a 2.0. Then I noticed the woofer looks like it was changed. Well it doesn't look like anything was ever touched however the woofer has K-22-E ink stamped on it. You experts no more about the history than me but I thought the C network had a .1 cap in there and the woofer was 16 ohms.

They sounded ok, I haven't had the chance to really listen to them for more than a few minutes. They sure look cool.box5.jpg

heresy29.jpg

type%20c.jpg

typec1.jpg

inside5.jpg

pie.jpg

Scott, congrats and the most important thing is that they arrived in mint condition. i have a set of 71 (J) corns, same year as your Model H with the 15 inch woofer with the letter K-33 P . i read a post on this site that they used the letter P & B back then. P = Paducah, Ky and B = Brownsville, Tx. i guess the oringal boxes do work well to keep them unharmed. see ya

The backs look exactly like my '72s. No seal on mine either. Do your woofers match? The originals from that year should have an orange surround although to see it you'd have to take them out from the back as the grillcloth is stapled.

Congrats! They're beauts!

Still want my decorator zebras?3.gif

I have the very same speakers 71 I think.

Same finsh and grill cloth.

Mine have the Ev bass drivers with the orange suround.

The bass driver in yours really looks like they are much later. I bought mine two years ago on ebay from the orig owner who never opended them, they are mint just like yours but with out the rare boxes.

Yours are the 2nd pair I have ever seen on the net and i look daily.

Very nice my favorit grill cloth.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 2:31:03 PM garymd wrote:

The backs look exactly like my '72s. No seal on mine either. Do your woofers match? The originals from that year should have an orange surround although to see it you'd have to take them out from the back as the grillcloth is stapled.

The woofers match as does the cap mod on the C network. Someone must have decided to replace the woofers along the way. Judging from Kudrats pictures, mine definitely don't have the orange surrounds.

Still want my decorator zebras?
3.gif

Please don't temp me! I've got Christmas bills coming!

Scott
----------------

----------------

On 11/23/2004 9:11:57 PM Kudret wrote:

Scott, congrats on your beauties.

are some pictures of my 72s. They had the Type C crossovers, but now I replaced them with a pair of modified Type Es.

Kudret
----------------

Hey those are great pictures and Heresy's. Thanks for posting, makes for a nice comparison.

Kudret,

Those are EXACTLY what my '72s would have looked like had they not been a little ragged. Same HWO with greenish grillcloth. All the beautiful old heresys are starting to come out of the woodwork thanks to Scott. Now mine sport the decorator zebra look thanks to Greg.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 11:19:32 PM garymd wrote:

Kudret,

Those are EXACTLY what my '72s would have looked like had they not been a little ragged. Same HWO with greenish grillcloth. All the beautiful old heresys are starting to come out of the woodwork thanks to Scott. Now mine sport the decorator zebra look thanks to Greg.
----------------

hey come on Gary lets see some zebra picutres!

Scott,

Somewhere in the thread "MkIIIs Up And Running" is a picture of the heresys sitting on the floor with a fisher amp. Greg also has a very detailed, step-by-step page showing how he re-veneered them, from beginning to end. I can't remember where that is. Anyone?

Scott,

Scott,

Wow is right!

So far how do you like the sound of the Hereseys.

I sold KLF20s and bought Heresey IIs. I have never regretted the move. I listen to mostly classical and I feel rock music was the KLF20's forte.

The Heresy has a nice size slice of the heritage sound on a small footprint.

Enjoy them.

Greg,

And a double wow to the zebra Hereseys.