For the Day AFTER Christmas

thebes

----------------

On 12/22/2004 9:54:39 PM thebes wrote:

So What did Santa bring: audio or audio related only!

Posting this early because I'm heading up north to snow country-Syracuse, New York. Happy holidays.

----------------

About 80 miles from me thebes.

Have a safe trip.

Merry Christmas.

dodger

I thought this would be a fun topic so I'll give it another spin with a bump.

By the way Dodger, if you haven't alrady check out Dinosaur Bar-b-que a road house rib joint in Rochester, the original one in Syracuse is great and believe it or not they are about to open the only rib joint in Harlem!

For Xmas I got a new needle for my Shure cartridge and two cd's which I got to pick out myself off of a gift certificate. Both cd's were suggestions by fellow members.

Now come on now folks you must have got some HT or audio toys in your stockings.

What are they?

The only thing remotley audio related that I got for Christmas:

New CD - Westworld's self-title album

New DVD - I,Robot

New DVD - All three Harry Potter DVD's

New Game - Xenosaga Episode I for the Playstation 2

I did get a bunch of cash that I could buy something nice with, but I am saving it for the ski trip to Brekenridge, CO in February.

----------------

On 12/29/2004 1:08:55 AM kenratboy wrote:

I don't understand, why didn't Santa bring me those?

----------------

Santa showed you to your chorusII speakers. He made you pay for them because he knew you couldn't wait any longer for a pair of klipsch speakers and he inquired some expenses making it available to you ahead of time. 2.gif

For xmas, I got the CD: Nightwish - Over the Hills and Far Away and the special dvd thing of "Underworld" which has a freaken amazing sound track. One of the few recordings I've heard where the surround sound wasn't distracting.

kenratboy - You must have been on the "bad list" lol... just kidding, that was still in my mind from watching "ELF" Christmas Eve.... What a hillarious movie!

Anyway, back to topic. For Christmas I recieved a new DVD player! I cannot tell you how shocked I was to recieve this & it was totally unexpected. It is not the all inclusive Denon model I was looking at, but it does have progressive scan & DTS which my current Sony that I bought 7 years ago doesn't have. I am very happy! All I can say is what a year it has been....

MarkMaple gave me a Bell-0 Audio rack for the low low price of $350

I just got back last night from 15 hour round trip to east of Cleveland (move title in there somewhere) where I purchased from daveagape2 a complete 5 speaker set of MINT Klipsch KB5 and KLF-C7 in beautiful OAK, not a scratch. Total cost $850+miles. Strangely enough, I don't even know where I'm going to use these. Just wanted to make a Klipsch deal and the price was right and they were almost close enough. But they all fit very nicely in my Accord.

Tom Adams sent me a set of audio connectors for my many banana jacks

Garymd has packaged about 100 LP's which should arrive in time for the New Year.

THANKS SANTA- thanks to my Klipsch friends, cause outside of you guys I got nuttin!

Michael