JBL Cornwalls?

colterphoto1

Okay gang, I'll try again.

Ebay #5741088178&

This time the Cornwalls are in Kentucky, an easy drive for your old but Michael. Here's the catch. He's replaced the K33 woofers with JBL's!! What should this do to the asking price? I know it's about $129 each for new ones from Klipsch. Asked seller if I could even get the old ones, cause even blown up I could bet Bob to do a recone for about half the new price.

I would not pay the $1250 BIN for this non-original condition, but any thoughts on what a good auction price might be?

Michael

He doesn't say what type of JBL woofer.

Some types of vintage JBL 15 inchers are worth big bucks on Ebay.

If one knew what they were, and if they were the more coveted JBL 15's, a guy could ditch the JBL's on Ebay and buy some K-33E's for some damn reason.(And a few other things...)

Fostex Cornwalls?

Well, what JBL drivers are they loaded with? Some of those drivers are worth almost as much as the speakers!! Also, if the drivers were carefully chosen, as opposed to some just thown in -- it could be an improvement. Find out what drivers they are.

Link.

Michael, They don't look like JBLs to me (they look like K33s). You know the deal: Ask for type, interior shots, yada yada. No way to know what they're worth yet. Oh, if he has indeed replaced the woofers, ask if he still has the old cruddy ones.2.gif

Thanks gang,

Kind of looks EV-ish to me. I actually had EVM15B's in my Corns when I first got them and had K33's reconed. Sounded quite good actually.

What do we know about the high end? I'll ask for photos, but if this is smelling fishy, I'll not even bid.

Thanks for all the help.

Michael

I would stay away from these. That is not the correct tweeter in the pic, & he wants way too much for them. There is no way to know what else has been modified.....

Edit... Also add in that he only has 7 feedbacks, & only three of those are for seller.

Well, here's an interesting response from a 'seller'...

You asked:

"WOuld you be willing to reduce BIN price because of non-original Klipsch Woofers? Most Klipsch fans want to have the originals. Or would you include the originals in price so they could be changed out? Thanks."

No,..i should raise the price because of the upgrades...people who want NIB orig stuff....should collect Barbie...not pro audio......thanks for looking ...Tony

These two beautiful Cornwalls, located in a state adjacent to mine, have JBL2210 woofers and ??? tweeters in them. Seller unwilling to remove backs to take more photos.

Guess he can keep em, eh? His reserve is $850, said I could BIN for $1000 with non-original components. Don't think so.

Michael

Khorns would be the ONE Heritage I could not use. Baseboard radient heat. Not a square corner in the place. Furniture placement all wrong. That's why I'm so hard for more Cornies! Thanks for the try though.

I don't know how far I'd drive for a deal. These RB's came in about 1/2 retail for like new, but it was a 15 hour day 'fetchin' em. see new thread....

hello thought i would chime in on the seller as well i tried to buy the single k33 he had for sale actually called the guy and spoke on the phone his mom answered the phone, we struck a deal and he flaked out on it and i am actually glad he did as i got a pair of original k-33 from 1974 for ten bucks more than he wanted for a single, and i agree he is way over priced on the corns got mine and had them shipped from mich. to md for less than 800.00, with one original k-33 and one generic eminence but a great set all in all 1977 black laquer, love-em