B o r n 2 r o c k u 's ...new audio center !

Born2RockU

The following frames are pictures of my x-mas present, with my "rig" !

I would like to graciously thank one of our Klipsch forum member, HAUCK .

...for his assistance and direction in the design of this " work of art " !!!

Thanx a million HAUCK.

~ Craig R. LeMay ~

B O R N 2 R O C K U

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=34517&

post-15746-1381926008317_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one last pic of my 3-way system....have ya noticed the Baldwin tube amp.

Just incredible !

Again, ...I would like to graciously thank HAUCK .

...for his assistance and direction in the design of this " work of art " !!!

Thanx a million HAUCK.

~ Craig R. LeMay ~

B O R N 2 R O C K U

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=34516&

post-15746-13819260099914_thumb.jpg

DUDE!!! Wow, I am speachless... you rock!!

That La scala almost seems "small" LOL.

You use the DBX eq's for all your channels too. WOW>> I use the 2231's for La Scalas and love them too.

Congrats!

My only suggestion might be some kind of rug on the floor. With the tile I bet it sounds just a tad harsh? Great cabinet, great set up, congrats!!

Q-Man:

Thanx for the complement, ....I actually wanted to get a Belle but couldn't find a Black Belle to match my '95 K-Horns. So the obvious answer was to get a La Scala , which I got from a Houstonian for $425. It actually belonged to Erik Mandaville years ago, so I know it was well cared for. Erik actually got me in touch w/ the person selling the single LaScala and Erik also helped and hand delivered it to my house .

Again, Thanx ERIK. You are Da'man !

3dzapper:

Thank you for the complement. When I saw HAUCK's set-up, I knew I had to use that design. So he actually came up w/ the two shelve connecting on top, ...w/ one shelve used for the tv !

Analog:

Trust me..the tube was moved immediately to the top shelve ! You are right...it was a scorcher sitting under that top shelve. It has found its new place on top. Thanx for noticing.

(you aught to go get a job w/ fire prevention,...LOL)

IndyKlipschFan:

The DBX 2231's...you noticed. I know this is against all PURIST vision, but you have got to hear this system w/ these bad boys. I am a professional musician, and have always used these w/ my studio and road gear. It made perfect sense to smooth out the rough edges of this tiled room w/ these expensive E.Q.'s. (actually the room isn't that bad with all the leather couches and rugs I have added.) The DBX E.Q.'s add actually no audio noise to this "whisper-clean" system, what-so-ever...so for that reason, and that reason mainly, I placed them in series with my K-Horns and surround-sound Heresy II's...which are not in the pictures above.

~ Thanx guys for all the complements !!!! ~

2.gif

ERIK, my main-man :

I know that HAUCK paid $800 for his shelving ..since he had a professional woodworker do the template, drilling and staining. The Salamander parts cost him $250....so that places it well-over a $1000.oo. ($1050 to be exact)

Mine only cost me about $335.oo total, since me and my better-half (thank you Marjan) did the template for the holes, the drilling and the staining work ourselves.

....now when are you and your better-half comin' over for dinner ??????????????

Very nice set-up. I bet it really does "rock".2.gif I definitely like to see rigs where belles or la scalas are used for a center channel between a pair of 'horns. And the integration of the whole package with the equipment and racks is very, very sweet. Nice job!