Where can i buy used KLIPSCH speakers ?

ZIPPY710199

If you're looking for home theater speakers, you're in the right place. The 2-channel forum is ...mm .. a little more audiophile oriented, but still packed with info. I currently am shopping at eBay and Audiogon. No warranties there unless specifically given with item. Check the Klipsch website for "authorized dealers." You can always Google!9.gif

Zippy - Not sure if you'll be able to get a warranty on used speakers. Following is extracted from the warranty statement in the RF-35 owner's manual:

"This Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and will automatically terminate prior to

expiration if this product is sold or otherwise transferred to another party.

This Warranty does not cover cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse,"

Ok thanks guys

I think you answered my questions.

I cannot afford the store prices as im closing on a home this week.

Has anyone had any luck ordering any of these speakers on EBAY.

Im just concerned that i will end up with some recon or something.

Not too concerned i guess with the warranty as after all not a lot to go wrong with a speaker.

Lots of online places selling these speakers half the price of the stores.

I really want the RF range but didnt realize that buying these products online would involve so much hassle because Klipsch wont allow online retailers to sell the products.

Anyway based on my situation has anyone else ordered any of the RF SERIES from either EBAY OR ONLINE and had any problems.

I bought my RF-35s (cherry) on ebay as factory closeouts for $650. One of the speakers was perfect, but the other had some cosmetic damage on the bottom as if someone had dragged it without the feet. I contacted the seller and she agreed to refund me half of her $100 profits on the pair. Cost me in total $600 shipped.

They sound great so for that price I can't complain.

I've done a little eBaying for Klipsch with good luck thus far.

I first bought two pairs of KG-2.5's a pretty long while back. Got me into this hobby, really. I still have them and will probably keep them forever because they were my first speakers. Still in excellent shape. Next thing I got was a pair of maple RB-3's, which were a little rough around the edges (grills were a little rough, some scratches/chips, but not bad) but drivers were A OK and sound great.

I've had good luck buying Klipsch from eBay... So I can pretty much recommend it.

Anyone here on the forums will also be VERY reliable/honest to deal with. I'm a huge pack-rat, otherwise I might let some of my speakers go. I have them all in one room, and its getting a little crowded. 3.gif

Not so sure you'll find any of the Rx-x5 series already up for sale used 'round here, but you may yet. Good luck with your search!

• 18 years later...

I'm selling all my Klipsch speakers , got 2 RF3 towers 225 watts bridgeable speakers , 2 powered subs git the set of referance center, 2 bookshelf and 4 satellites , as well as 2 those corner surround speakers . All barely used to . Total of 11 Klipsch speakers. I built a system for my room , .. but I can never get it past 4 on Volume cause it shakes the house foundation and I everyone living here complaining within ide say 30 second . " Turn down! ". .. 2 years I never can use it.  .only time I can, is when everyone is gone I can crank up , but then I'm afraid of my windows shattering..  . Yes , they are insane speakers and sound .  I had a marantz reciever pushing it.. sold that I have technical pro hybrid reciever pushing 5000 watts.   . Selling cause I put a system in my Yukon that shakes the ground and I can crank it when I drive with nobody telling to turn it down.  One way or another I got what I wanted....([snip]

. I can send you pics..  I'm not looking to make some profit ...for someone who will appreciate and take care of it all , you get a sweet deal .  .it's not about money it's for someone that loves it like do . (Snip)

Sincerely , Chris... In San tan valley , az 

Edited by Travis In Austin
Remove personal info email

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Christopher Diumenti said:

I'm selling all my Klipsch speakers , got 2 RF3 towers 225 watts bridgeable speakers , 2 powered subs git the set of referance center, 2 bookshelf and 4 satellites , as well as 2 those corner surround speakers . All barely used to . Total of 11 Klipsch speakers. I built a system for my room , .. but I can never get it past 4 on Volume cause it shakes the house foundation and I everyone living here complaining within ide say 30 second . " Turn down! ". .. 2 years I never can use it.  .only time I can, is when everyone is gone I can crank up , but then I'm afraid of my windows shattering..  . Yes , they are insane speakers and sound .  I had a marantz reciever pushing it.. sold that I have technical pro hybrid reciever pushing 5000 watts.   . Selling cause I put a system in my Yukon that shakes the ground and I can crank it when I drive with nobody telling to turn it down.  One way or another I got what I wanted....([snip]

. I can send you pics..  I'm not looking to make some profit ...for someone who will appreciate and take care of it all , you get a sweet deal .  .it's not about money it's for someone that loves it like do . (Snip)

Welcome to the Forum, you will want to

post this in the Garage Sale section of the Forum. Photos will help, and a list of what the models numbers are of the 11 or so speakers. You can also post photos.

Travis

4 hours ago, Christopher Diumenti said:

May I ask why you decided to pick a thread posted 18 years ago to list your stuff for sale?

• Thanks 1

Hey , I just found out about this Klipsch thread guys.. totally new ... Just doing best I know what to do ..... If I've affended anyone because I'm years to late ... Well.    Uuuu. Sorry I suppose.. didn't know poeple still judge on petty... Lol . . I'll learn ...   Trust me..  thank you kindly for your advice and direction.. it is appreciated... CHRISTOPHER 

6 hours ago, Christopher Diumenti said:

Hey , I just found out about this Klipsch thread guys.. totally new ... Just doing best I know what to do ..... If I've affended anyone because I'm years to late ... Well.    Uuuu. Sorry I suppose.. didn't know poeple still judge on petty... Lol . . I'll learn ...   Trust me..  thank you kindly for your advice and direction.. it is appreciated... CHRISTOPHER 

No one’s offended, it just helps to post them in the right forum section.

Scroll down to the Garage Sale section of the forum and post there.  Make sure to list model numbers for each item you’re selling.  Pictures and a description of the condition they’re in helps a lot.  Asking price and your location are needed as well.

• Thanks 1