Beta testers!

Amy

• Moderators

Hi everyone!

We have had a lot of feedback on our new website, and to show that we really are listening, we have redesigned the product locator section. Before this goes live, however, we would like your feedback again. Please check it out and let us know what you think. We want to make sure it's:

a) functional

B) logical

c) helps to find the product you are looking for quickly and easily.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/index.aspx

You can either post reactions here, or send them to me directly at amy.unger@klipsch.com

Thank you!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off Amy, I like it a whole lot better.

The pull down menues help a lot. I also like how you can click where to find this product too.

Pictures do a lot for people.. Outside of this board, people do not know what a synergy, reference, heritage, or when the Premier line is introduced names... and what they may mean.

You may want to say a one sentence line under discontinued (when applicable) what it was upgraded too. Or, if it has been replaced.

Take the Heresey for example. Under discontinued.

That pic might confuse most of what a heresey looks like. I am sure this is an earlier one from the Klipsch library but it does not look like the ones we all know of today. Especially true of the Cornwall pics as well.

A quick look and you would think the Heresey has been discontinued. (So not a good thing.)

Last, but not least, ALWAYS have a contact number to call in for questions on every page where your showing information. People will get discouraged and you at Klipsch might lose sales if your hard to get a hold of. Just a few thougths.

----------------

On 1/3/2005 3:20:21 PM michael hurd wrote:

Like russ commented, it would be nice if the discontinued had different categories, like Reference, Heritage, Epic, Legend, etc.

----------------

Yeah, more choices in discontinued would be nice, although at least my speakers are on the first page!

2.gif

I just used the older find function earlier today to locate info on the KLF-30's...

My biggest complaint was that it was slow to use at times... unless you knew the model number you'd have to search through pages. And, to make matters worse, when I'd change pages, if I wanted to go back a page, it would give me that "this page cannot be refreshed" warning thing and tell me to retry sending info to the page. Sometimes it would go ahead and take me back a page, sometimes I'd have to retry and it would take me back, others I'd retry and it would take me back to the very beginning and I'd have to start all over.

The drop down menus are easier to use... More choices dividing the different classes (ie Legends, older Reference, etc.) might be handy.

Just a question... I clicked on the Discontinued Floorstanders link and only got one page of speakers. No CF models listed... no KM... Just haven't gotten them in there yet? Or is this a slight mistake?

The links seem to need some work. The first I clicked on was (of course) Heritage, then back, then to discontinued. It took me to Heritage. So back, then to aragon, amps. Ok, then back, then discontinued again, & it went to aragon amps again. Zon seems to do the same thing.... it goes to the previous page.

Edit.... I was here last week looking for in-wall, & it took me a while to find it.... now it's much better!!

Couple of things I noticed...Selecting Discontinued (would be nicer to call it Legacy maybe?)...then Floorstanding, there's only 3 pages (especially missing the Forte/Forte II, Chorus & Chorus II)...But if you select all (or select the Discontinued title) you get them ... Just not there yet or not in the Floorstanding group???

Amy, I'm disappointed. First try, for my Cornwalls pulled up nothing under Discontinued/Floor or All. Also did not appear under Heritage/Floor or All. A text search pulled them up and described them as 'Classic' product (same old descriptions), which is not a valid category in the new system. The photos for Cornwall still show a very antique, possibly original design, NOT that with which most Klipsch lovers are familiar. In a nutshell, I think there needs to be a review of the categories (which seem much better than before). Each model can appear ONCE ONLY, in the ALL category of it's group, and under Discontinued if that is the case.

Search-wise, it's much better. No more scrolling down, then having to push the SEARCH button, and there are far fewer items in each listing unless you have to use ALL.

Typographically, still a disaster. Same notes for ya as before, and this is desktop publishing 101. White on Black type is very illegible, especially given the small font size and amount of 'negative space' used around the images. If this design decision is kept, the font should be either BOLD or a serif style to improve legibility. The 1234 numbers on bottom of page are tiny, close together, and difficult to click. .

Keep at it, you'll get it right. Fire all the programmers and get a human being to LOOK at it! LOL

Michael

Amy,

I second what colterphoto and spschneer said -- I also wish I could find the Cornwall, Chorus and Forte, none of which show up on "search." I wonder if things still need to be straightened out between "heritage," "classic" and "discontinued."

Second, it looks to me that the site is locked into a partially dysfunctional format, i.e., every category directs you to a choice whether it works or not, frequently "floorstander" and "all" (there is no difference between the two under Heritage). I don't think the "floorstander" category gains anyone anything but confusion -- certainly not as a key decision-making entry point to a search!

Moreover, the choice pull-down distracts from the fact that the "Help me decide" is a hot link that can bypass the supposed choice. I think you can work in all those missing models with less work for everyone (except the deserving programmers) by straightening out the categories, getting rid of the pull-down choices for many of the categories, and properly highlighting the useful link instead.

Finally, I have previously said the website as "satanic-looking," and, boy, is it ever! It looks like Klipsch wants association with hard rock or something, since I can't think of any other reason for the dreadful black and burnt orange mix. Alternate colors like the occasional blue really clash with the overall theme. It's for very good reason that most websites have very clean white and lighter blue, and SMALL amounts of red, for an attractive, easy look. Hot links are easily distinguished, unlike in the beta page. I really agree with Colter about your web designers not having much sense of web design or colors.

Other than that, I think there IS potential!

Larry

Amy,

Better!!!This is a step in the correct direction. However, when I ran Reference floorstanders, the system got stuck there. I had to go back and manually and reset the Reference menu from floorstander to "choose" before I could run the THX Ultra2 search.

Bill

An improvement, but as others have said, one must do a text search to find for example, Cornwall because it cannot be found under the pull downs. I also couldn't find the DD 5.1, except in a text search.

May I suggest a special category for the discontinued PWK designed speakers (e.g. Cornwall, Heresy, etc.). This could be a special "legacy" or "discontiuned" subsection under the Heritage section that includes the current models. It would also be great if there were references to variations of the discontinued Heritage (e.g. Vertical Cornwalls, Decorator models, etc.), perhaps just links to scans of old product literature pages. I know this would not do much as a selling tool for new speakers, but it would speak well for the legacy of the company and the founder. Why stop there, how about links to all the old DFH papers! Oh well, we can wish.