When Words Fail You - Audiophile Terminology

dougdrake

Ever search for that perfect phrase to describe just how wonderful your speakers are? Take a tip from the following Ebay listing for Forte's. I'm sure the folks at Stereophile (as well as our own local reviewer, Colin) won't be printing this phrase soon!

" IF YOU WANT TRUE AUDIOPHILE SPEAKERS, HERE YOU GO. YOU CAN HEAR A MOUSE FART THROUGH THESE. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61378&item=5742484827&rd=1

The questions on everyone's mind must be 1) who's the poor guy that had to record that, and 2) where can I buy the demo disk?

Hmm, pretty good price on them. If I were still in CT, I'd jump on those.

Gary-

You didn't say you had that mouse fart album. 2.gif You'll have to send me a copy of that and I'll try it out on my Forte IIs.

Fini-

I bet it was Minnie, since I'm sure she farts quieter than Mickey.9.gif

----------------

On 1/6/2005 5:49:30 AM edwinr wrote:

Scientific description of a mouse fart; "The anatomical juxtaposition of a mouse's sphincter muscles in a state of contraction culminating in the spontaneous expulsion of a mouse flavoured flatulence".
12.gif

----------------

He he... And I was warned to stay away from this forum because I wouldn't learn about anything but audio...

Look at the breadth of knowledge that we are exposed to!!! 16.gif

Guest Anonymous

a true audiophile would not only give the type of mouse and what it ate for breakfast, but the scietific readings that went along with that mouse. ie the velocity and wind speed of that fart

----------------

On 1/6/2005 2:12:16 PM Gramas701 wrote:

a true audiophile would not only give the type of mouse and what it ate for breakfast, but the scietific readings that went along with that mouse. ie the velocity and wind speed of that fart

----------------

Don't fotget the best feeding method for the mouse to produce the best acoustical farts.

----------------

On 1/6/2005 6:40:07 PM jt1stcav wrote:

When a mouse releases a huge quanity of extremely foul smelling gas into the atmosphere, does it consist of an aromatic fragrance similar to Swiss or American cheese?

----------------

I'd say Swiss, but there may be a hole in my theory.