Have I had the mean weenie?

jdm56

On December 30, I bought an Infinity Alpha 1200s subwoofer on ebay, and paid for it with PayPal. The listing said items paid for with PP usually ship the same day. Well, here it is the sixth day of January and I haven't heard squat from the seller. I've sent four unanswered e-mails, the last two being rather, uh, heated. At what point should I panic?

Well, the seller is at the least rude. I have had sellers not conatct me and yet the deals went fine. I have also had it take a good week or more to get items that were shipped, depending on where they were sent from.

I would be starting to get concerned myself though, you really are at the sellers mercy though, if he won't reply to the emails all you can do is hope he sent it. It is much easier on the nerves if they send you a email with a tracking number on it. At only a week out it hard to say if you are in trouble or not. How many sales and feedbacks does the seller have? If they have been around for a while with good feedback, you are most probably ok, though it is possible to have someone steal a sellers identity, it is not common.

Is the seller: theaudiovideosource ?

I checked closed auctions for your sub and this retailer was the only one that closed on the 28th of dec. The only day even close to your 30th. If he is the one, I checked his feedback and there is a prior complaint of bad communication, but the deals seem to go through ok.

Yes, the seller is theaudiovideosource. This is day eight and still no word. I'm gonna try calling him today. I'm really nervous here. If I lose $449 here, it will be the last money I ever lose on ebay. That much I can guarantee.

I have thought that maybe he just doesn't communicate with buyers, and that the sub is already on the way. But to not respond to repeated emails is ridiculous. Another thought I had was that maybe there was a sickness or a death in the family. One odd thing though, is that when the listing that I responded to ended, it showed that he had eight subs left. Today, he has a new listing for the same Infinity Alpha 1200s subs, but he's back up to ten, which is the number he had at the start of the previous listing!

If I understand correctly, I am covered up to $1000 since I paid with PayPal. I sure hope so, anyway.

Hey, guess what just showed up at my front door? Yup, a big ol' box with a big ol' subwoofer in it! And I never once between my clicking the "buy it now" button on ebay and delivery just now, heard a single peep from the seller! Go figure. Heck of a weird way to do business. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

This is the kind of thing that eBay should track.

With their commercials, their statements about contact, etc..

They do make it difficult to complain, so many menus. And forbid it all if your problem does not fall within the menus.

The bigger the company, the harder it is to complain.

If you do not use PayPal - which itself I've read, can be difficult, be sure to pay with a USPS Money Order.

dodger

----------------

On 1/6/2005 12:41:58 PM jdm56 wrote:

Hey, guess what just showed up at my front door? Yup, a big ol' box with a big ol' subwoofer in it! And I never once between my clicking the "buy it now" button on ebay and delivery just now, heard a single peep from the seller! Go figure. Heck of a weird way to do business. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

----------------

Glad to hear it went ok for you. This guy is a retailer or wholsaler. The multiple item lots show he as a "few" of them in stock. He had several other auctions for the same thing going on at the same time so I wasn't REALLY concerned yet when you said he was the seller.

Congrats and I hope you get many good years of service from your speaker!2.gif

Communication is very important to me when dealing on eBay, I keep buyers posted every step of the way. I hate when I sell an item and do not get any communication from the buyer to the point that I have to pry it out of them. It is just ridiculous! Then I just get a couple of words not even a sentence.

Some ebayers sell hundreds of items at a time and get bombarded with emails. At some point, they probably only answer the ones from buyers who HAVEN'T paid yet. I buy albums on ebay all the time and I've waited as long as 6 weeks for one to arrive and I ALWAYS pay within 24 hours. That's just ebay. If I'm making a big purchase, I make sure to have contact with the seller before I bid. At least it gets the communication started and you'll have a better chance at a response later, after you've paid.

He sent you your item pretty darn quickly though. No need for negative feedback IMO. Leave positive feedback but state that the seller wouldn't answer emails. Maybe it'll wake him up.

Thanks y'all for the support and advice. I did leave the guy positive feedback, but with note of the fact that there was NO communication at all.

I'll post later about the sub itself over in the subwoofer section.

ps - hey Picky, you're right! that is one mean weenie! eeeoowwwwwww!!!6.gif9.gif