Finally finished

Dylanl

I purchased the veneer from Tape-ease and used the 2 ply wood backer and good old contact cement. Not the water base but the flammable type. Tape-ease will send you samples of different veneer which is nice. This job takes a lot of patience & some skill. I say some skill because you can learn as you go. What scared me the most was cutting on a piece of veneer that I just paid 90.00 for. One mess up and you burned a 90.00 bill. So, measure twice and cut once. Anyway I have become more brave through the experience. I am going to finish my 2nd pair in Rosewood. Rosewood is about 350.00 for 2 4x8 sheets. I just have to get rid of some of my existing speakers to afford it.

----------------

On 1/12/2005 3:54:09 PM Dylanl wrote:

I finished my Klipschorns in teak the other day. All in all I have about 20 hours into the project. I received a lot of help from my cousin who is a cabinet shop carpenter. What do you all think?

----------------

I'm guessing they are the white ones you were looking into selling? They look really good... so good, you won't be able to part with them now! I still can't figure why you didn't get any takers the first time...

Just 20hrs? not bad at all...

Later...

Rob

PS: with two sets of Khorns... surprised you got the RF7 icon 2.gif