AC/DC re-release on vinyl

timbley

----------------

On 1/22/2005 5:02:33 AM psypathic wrote:

Man, I wish I had money for that box set. Those are really good albums.

----------------

Yeah, me too. Actually, I may just have to come up with the money somehow, at least for one of the albums to try.

I bought AC/DC's High Voltage CD recently. I love the songs, and play it frequently. It's a rather bright, hard sounding CD on my system.

I can't beleive what I'm reading. In 1995 I gave away all my LP's. Somewhere between 350 to 400. And at that time, I owned every AC/DC album ever released (domestic and import). They were definitely my favorite HR band.

Here's a quiz.....

As most HR's know, it was after the group's studio recording for Highway To Hell, that they celebrated a little too hard, and Bon Scott ended up kicking the bucket because he choked on his puke. Too much heavy drinking. Shortly after, the group took on Brian Johnson as their new lead singer.

NOW CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT BRIAN JOHNSON DID BEFORE HE BECAME LEAD SINGER???? Anyone????

FWIW, The remastered cds are worth getting also. I had to replace a 20 yr. old copy of Back in Black that spent too much time being shuffled between car and home with no jewel case. I noticed a remastered one in the rack at the store and I picked it up not thinking there'd be much of a difference. There is. I've slowly been replacing the old ones since. Truly the best three chord wonders ever, I say that affectionately. The concert dvd's are very good also. Donnington and Stiff Upper Lift are very well done,especially considering the venues. No Bull, while being a good show is pretty bad recording wise. From what I understand, there's a new tour this spring. Hope they come to Orlando again.

I remember when Bon Scott died, november of '79 or something like that. I was a Sophmore in High School.

The way everyone moped around that day, you'd think the President was killed. And I don't anyone would have paid much heed for Bonzo over Bon Scott....

Seen them live around that time, good show indeed.

Does anyone still have the "High Voltage" Import?

With doggy peeing on the power transformer?

When the radio first pumped "Hells Bells" I didn't really like it at all. I never really liked Brian's voice, at least Bon could somewhat sing....For example, listen to Brian sing on "Thunderstruck". It's almost comical.

I started to like "Back in Black", everyone was into it.

Then the radio drug it through the dirt, ugh....rest in peace Bon Scott......

Okay, nobodies seriously guessing....here goes.

Brain Johnson was the group's chauffer. Yep, he drove the limo. Bon had heard Brian sing during some rehersals, and told Angus and Malcom that Brian would be his first pick as a replacement singer.

Anyone catch this article...

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/jan24a.html

Sorry, wrong article, but still interesting. I'm trying to remember which magazine I saw at B.Daltons. There was a very interesting article about the group. From beginning to present. I'll remember is a min. or 2.

Gilbert,

Dude, you got it wrong!, Bon Scott was the limo driver for AC/DC before they asked him to be the lead singer. This was disclosed in the AC/DC video concert that came out back in the early 80's. I think it was called "AC/DC Live" I think they need to revoke your AC/DC fan club membership, for shame!

Brian Johnson. In Early 1972, Brian Fronted his first band called BUFFALO, then becoming USA, and finally GEORDIE. GEORDIE remained a popular rock act in the U.K. throughout the early 1970's. Brian also recorded a single with solo material right after leaving Geordie in 1975, and then rejoined Geordie again in 1979 for a brief stint. Since he's been with AC/DC, he has done a guest appearance on another single,-in 1983-Geordie Aid(for a benefit), and has Guested on hard rock bands JACKYL "locked and loaded" and has made some live guest appearances with Jackyl and Neurotica(whom he's produced).

I have most of their CD's, including the box set with some of the very early releases of some of their songs. I also have a good number of their albums including the tough to find '74 Jailbreak. I think one of my favorites has to be the "Highway to Hell" LP though, the one Bon did before he keeled over. Anyone want a special CD burnt with some of their absolute best and tough to find songs just let me know.

Love the classics like Whole Lotta Rosie, Live Wire, and Let There be Rock!

----------------

On 1/24/2005 9:25:30 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Gilbert,

Dude, you got it wrong!, Bon Scott was the limo driver for AC/DC before they asked him to be the lead singer. This was disclosed in the AC/DC video concert that came out back in the early 80's. I think it was called "AC/DC Live" I think they need to revoke your AC/DC fan club membership, for shame!----------------

Well, it's been a few years, or should I say decades. And I don't believe I got it wrong. But I am relieved to know that your on top of things, and doing your research. Congradulations.