Anyone get Sky Captian yet?

m00n

----------------

On 1/26/2005 12:39:47 AM toddvj wrote:

Yep, haven't watched it yet, though. Didn't see it in the theater either, but it looked cool.

----------------

It's different for sure. It has an old 40's style to it. The colors are really washed out looking.

----------------

On 1/31/2005 10:03:26 AM ARPRINCE wrote:

I watched 1/4 of it early this morning (past 12:00 AM). Didn't finish it because the room was rumbling and I might wake up our neighbor. Outstanding sound + enhanced widescreen (no black bars)!!! Plan to watch it earlier tonite so as not to bother anyone, can't wait.
3.gif

----------------

OK I finished the movie last night. Like I said, the surround sound was great but geeezzeee, the movie story line was really crappy. Just rent it! On second thought, make a pass.

----------------

On 2/7/2005 9:33:07 AM ARPRINCE wrote:

----------------

On 1/31/2005 10:03:26 AM ARPRINCE wrote:

I watched 1/4 of it early this morning (past 12:00 AM). Didn't finish it because the room was rumbling and I might wake up our neighbor. Outstanding sound + enhanced widescreen (no black bars)!!! Plan to watch it earlier tonite so as not to bother anyone, can't wait.
3.gif

----------------

OK I finished the movie last night. Like I said, the surround sound was great but geeezzeee, the movie story line was really crappy. Just rent it! On second thought, make a pass.

----------------

This is the sort of film I buy with viewing with certain company in mind. The documentary about the making of the film was more interesting than the film itself.

There were 5 of us watching including to boys age 9 & 7. I liked it, but only two of us did and surprisingly neither of my boys liked it. It's completely differant from anything I have seen but I found it refressing and thought the PQ/SQ was top notch. IMO worth at least a rental for the freshness of the content.

Okay...just watched this for the first time last night. Ever since Blockbuster has "no late fees", you have to be quick to get the latest release or you don't get your hands on it for a few weeks.

Anywho...I was most impressed visually and audially(sp?). About 1/2 way thru the movie (I think it was when Dex gets his first meeting with the big-bots), my living room had been continually shaking during the constant war scenes and marching and stuff started falling off the walls in my house. It scared the crap out of everyone in the house 'cause we certainly weren't expecting it! Super fun movie though! The scenes tend to be filmed on the darker side so it may not show the best colors in your TV but be sure to put you seatbelt on for some kickin bass thru the whole movie!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Watched my USED DVD last night...

Very interesting movie...very different in look....as well...

Entertaining story....in line with the Serial type shows back in the 30's....or a somewhat live version of the IRON GIANT....hehehe

Great special effects as the whole movie is a special effect since the actors acted against blue screen the and all the back ground and effects were done with CG....

Sound was real good....

The special features were interesting as well...ecspecially his 6 min movie that started this whole thing....one point in this...the sub went nuts...like a 20 hz tone was coming out....My RW12...does not do so well with these...hehehe

All in all this is a good to great movie...and I applaud it for all the new things they did for movies....what a great leap of imagination...